Tuesday, March 1, 2016

A's Birthday Weekend

I wanted to provide a little recap of A’s birthday weekend before time got away from me.  It was just the perfect weekend and I hope A had the happiest of birthdays.

We started the day with grocery shopping.  Nothing particular to note here other than it was just W and me.  W picked out a birthday card for A with a dog on a lawnmower.  The lawnmower moved every time the card was opened.  W and I couldn’t stop laughing throughout our entire shopping experience.

The weather was beautiful – high 50s in late February is practically unheard of in the Chicago area.  We decided to head out for a long walk with the entire family.  It was great to get some exercise and fresh air.  On our way home, W started picking up random trash in the neighborhood and insisted that we bring it home and recycle it.  He made A carry home a large piece of cardboard to put in the recycle bin – so funny.




After that, we headed out for pizza with the entire family at A’s favorite pizza place.  The boys were good despite a long wait for pizza and we had a great time watching A open gifts and scarfing down cupcakes.

We finished off the night by watching a couple episodes of New Girl and dreaming of summer Cubs games. J

Sunday was our usual routine.  We were early for church for the first time in a really long time.  I dressed the boys alike and they looked so cute.



The weather was nice and we were able to take a long walk once again (no trash brought home this time), play outside, and even grill out for dinner. 


A and I were able to watch a bit of the Oscars, which was funny because we’ve hardly seen any movies and I had never heard of most of the nominees.  “Bridge of Spies?  I thought that was a James Bond movie??”  Since I’ve stopped nursing/pumping, I’ve had a little more “free” time and it’s so nice to relax at the end of the day even if it’s only for a couple minutes.  It was a wonderful end to a great weekend.

And now we have a few inches of snow... Chicago weather... sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment