Monday, November 14, 2016

Weekend Recap

It was another insanely busy weekend in these parts.  A and I agreed that we need to find a baby-sitter one of these weekends so that we can grab lunch and have a little time to ourselves.  As fun as these weekends have been, I need a break from constantly being busy.  Anyway, our weekend…

My company had an event at the Museum of Science and Industry.  Basically, we got in free of charge and there was a room set up with snacks and beverages.  We left the house around 9:30 and arrived an hour later.  My plan was to see a few exhibits and then have lunch.  Well, you know what they say about plans.  After a trip to the hospitality room, 4 bathroom trips for W, and one exhibit, S lost it because he couldn’t sit in the tractor forever.  So we decided it was time for lunch.  Both boys were in a better mood after our $40!!! chicken finger lunch (what the heck?!?!) and we finally got to see a few exhibits.  The boys really enjoyed the transportation vehicles – cable car, steam engine, airplane and the model train that was set up to run in a giant display.  They also loved the chick hatchery.  W liked the miniature fairy tale castle (me too!) and S liked the butterflies projected onto a wall.  S was furious that I would not let him walk up and down the steps to the steam engine the entire time and had a little meltdown.  Suffices to say the trip wasn’t without its share of challenges (S!) and I think W had to go to the bathroom about 15 times, but all in all, we had fun and I was happy we went… until the ride home.  S started to cry.  I know drinks and the car do not mix and it was extremely stupid of me to give S milk.  My hope was that S would drink milk and fall asleep.  Unfortunately, he proceeded to puke all over – and then fall asleep about 5 minutes before we arrived home after a 2 hour drive.  W also spilled all his goldfish crackers in the back seat.  I seriously thought we might never make it home and you what’s worse than milk puke smell in an enclosed space?  Nothing.  That’s what.  We were all pretty worn out by the time we arrived home.







Even though everyone slept well, I was still tired the following day.  We did our usual church, Starbucks (thank God for coffee), grocery shopping routine and then it was time to head to my nephew’s birthday party.  The boys had fun checking out their cousins toys and they both ate cake, which was shocking since W is not a fan.  Sidenote: S was OBSESSED with this little ride on toy.  He seriously sat on that thing on and off for the 3 hours we were there.  I Googled it and found it for $29.99 on Zulily!  Score!!  I don’t think we need any more ride on toys, but for $29, I can make an exception.  I think he’ll love finding it on Christmas morning.  By the time we got home, S was so tired, he fell asleep at 6:30.  I cleaned up a few things and then headed upstairs to bed, exhausted.  Of course, I wound up with a major headache and barely slept… grr.

No comments:

Post a Comment