Monday, November 21, 2016

Weekend Recap

Happy Thanksgiving week!!  I really do love Thanksgiving.  Family, food, what more could you ask for?

This weekend was exactly what I needed.  We stayed inside primarily – our weather went from 70 degrees on Thursday to 20 degrees Sunday morning.  But I can’t complain – we’ve had some extraordinarily beautiful fall days throughout November.  Anyway, Saturday morning, A took S to school while W and I went grocery shopping.  W asked if we could stop at Starbucks and because I’m a pushover who was really in need of some coffee, I agreed. ;)  There happens to be a Starbucks inside our Target so it all worked out.  I swear we had been in the store for 30 minutes by the time we got our drinks and made a bathroom stop and we had zero groceries to show for it.  I’m happy W is mostly potty trained, but it means a bathroom stop (or two) everywhere we go.  A texted us as we were checking out and asked if we wanted to meet for lunch.  W picked BWW (not my favorite) and off we went.  Unfortunately, I didn’t bring the diaper bag since I hadn’t planned on meeting up with A and S so I didn’t have any milk for S or any distractions while we waited for our meal.  S got super cranky so we ordered an appetizer and milk in a straw cup.  S is going through a phase where he thinks he is a big boy and can do anything – i.e.  sit on the potty, sit at the table sans booster seat, drink out of a cup… Anyway, he got furious when we wouldn’t let him dip his chips in the chili queso (because he was double dipping and making a mess) and threw his cup down, which spilled all over the carpet at BWW.  So embarrassing.  We quickly finished up and headed home so that S could take a much needed nap.  I don’t think there will be any more lunch outings for a while.  Side note:  This boy can go from a crying/screaming mess to the sweetest little love… as I watched him wake from his nap, he grabbed his Winnie the Pooh Bear and just sat there hugging him until I went and got him.  He’s also been known to bear hug you and then quickly fall asleep on your shoulder. 

After S woke, we decided to decorate the house for Christmas.  W, my helper/decorator extraordinaire was totally in his element.  We got all of the décor out with the exception of the tree – that we’ll do next weekend.  The house looks so festive – I just love it!  We also had our first fire of the season in the fire place.  Alls well that ends well!





Sunday was our usual with a couple errands thrown in.  With the exception of the restaurant experience, it was a really great, low key weekend.  W asked if he could watch Charlie Brown Christmas and both boys loved it.  S burst into tears when it was over, which was so sad, but so funny.  I also sang Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer to S and when I was done, he yelled, “more, more!”.  I think I sang it 3 more times.  So so excited for the holiday season!!




No comments:

Post a Comment