Monday, March 6, 2017

Weekend Recap

Our weekend was non-eventful – just the way I like it!  Friday night was rough.  S has not been sleeping well.  I’ve read a few different articles that suggest when young children are learning something new or completing a milestone, they’re so excited, it’s hard to relax and they often don’t sleep well.  S has been talking up a storm lately and seems close to speaking in sentences so that may have something to do with it.  He’s also getting molars, which may have something to do with it as well.  If he naps, it takes an hour to an hour and a half to get him to sleep.  If he doesn’t nap, he falls asleep right away, but wakes in the night.  Either way, we’re screwed.  S napped really early (I think – it’s all a blur now) on Friday so we had hopes for a great night.  Haha!!!  He didn’t fall asleep until 9pm, was up again around 11:30pm, and up for the day around 6:30am.  I know W had lots of sleep issues around the same age too.

Because my husband is the best ever, he went out and picked up coffee, bagels, and donuts on Saturday morning.  I was so grateful!  S and I headed off to school and we had fun as usual.  S ended up getting more paint on himself than on paper and fell in the toilet, but we still had a blast.  Turns out that when he yells, “potty!”, he actually attempts to sit on the potty.  Now I know.  And luckily, I remembered a change of clothes!  Bonus points for me.  It was all great until it was time to leave.  At that point, S had an epic meltdown – he was tired, he didn’t want to leave, he wanted to play outside.  Naturally, the dad in front of us was taking his sweet time and blocking me from getting to S’s cubby.  I mean, if you see a tantruming toddler behind you, don’t you do everything you can to stay out of the way?!?  Oh well.






W had swim lessons and did well once again.  He had two other kids in his class this time and a different instructor (which seems strange), but did great nonetheless.

We finished the day by heading out for Mexican food.  The boys were great and as we headed to the car, I told myself to remember these days… holding hands with the boys and listening to them chatter away as they admired the lollipops they had selected from the restaurant made me smile.  Yes, there are meltdowns and time outs, but there are also sweet moments in every day.




Sunday was our usual.  W claimed he had a tummy ache and didn’t want to go grocery shopping so I went solo.  The boys played outside with A and I made dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment