Monday, June 5, 2017

Weekend Recap

Our weather has been so beautiful lately.  I love that it’s not too hot yet and the boys can spend their days outdoors.

I’ve started summer hours at work so on Friday, we hit the local amusement park.  S slept in the stroller for about an hour when we first arrived.  W decided to try out his very first roller coaster.  He went on it with A and was a little freaked out.  In his words, it was scary, but fun.  We’ll see if he wants to go on again.  




After a couple hours of rides, we decided to head to A’s favorite pizza place.  It’s been our tradition to head there when A is done with school and we all enjoyed the yummy pizza.

On Saturday, we met my mom at Starbucks for breakfast and then headed to W’s t-ball practice.  He was able to hit a ball that his coach pitched – I was so impressed!!  He’s always hit off a tee and I had no idea who could hit a pitch.  From there, I got my hair cut and the boys played outside all afternoon.


Sunday was W’s final tennis class.  He started off well, but half way through, complained that he was hot and tired and didn’t really participate.  It was frustrating.  I encouraged him to keep trying, but he just wasn’t interested.  A disappointing ending to say the least.  I’m glad it’s over.  When we were in the car after lessons, W insisted that he liked tennis.  What?!?  Maybe we’ll try again next year.  



After that it was off to mass at our new church.  It was our first time attending 11am mass there and I really enjoyed it – despite the fact that mass was so freaking long.  We just aren’t used to mass being over an hour and trying to keep two boys quiet for over an hour is challenging (though they were very good).  BUT on the bright side, the music was absolutely beautiful.  Every time the choir and instruments started up, I was so enthralled.  After church, we headed to lunch at Cheddars.  W has been asking to go to Cheesers… bahaha.  It seemed like a good way to celebrate the end of tennis lessons even though his final class was not so stellar.  We finished the day with backyard pool shenanigans.  All in all, a really, really great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment