Monday, June 12, 2017

Weekend Recap

Summer decided to come early this year!  We saw 90 degrees this weekend – holy moly!

Friday, a couple of my mom friends came over to hang out for a bit.  It was funny how it happened – I posted a meme on Facebook that mentioned something about play dates with wine.  Ha!  A friend I hadn’t seen in years messaged me and a mutual friend asking if we wanted to get together.  Sure!!  I volunteered my house because my boys are older and figured it would be nice for them to have their usual toys and surroundings.  We had cheese and crackers, fruit, and sangria while we sat outside on the deck.  It was wonderful.  We all have completely different stories – IVF for me, a cancer diagnosis and surprise pregnancy for another, and adoption for the third.  It was great to catch up and we have another play date in the works.




After that, we headed over to our townhouse for a showing and to assess repairs.  The prospective renter wasn’t interested – she had already told me she had another contract in the works, but still wanted to see our townhouse.  We discovered that we’ll have to repair some carpeting and a window along with cleaning.  I’m a little overwhelmed, but we’ll get it done somehow.  And hopefully we can find new tenants quickly.

Saturday was W’s last t-ball practice.  Parents got to participate and it was adorable to watch A and W playing together.  My mom, Nani, and Papa also came out to watch.  While W played, S enjoyed picking up trash that was blowing around the field and putting it in the garbage.  He’s obsessed with all things garbage, just like big brother.



After t-ball, it was off to lunch, then hair-cuts for the boys, and then grocery shopping.  A very full day, but the boys were great all day.


Sunday was church at our usual place, Starbucks, and then we headed to the Cubs game.  The boys were good in the car.  BUT.  W did not stop talking the ENTIRE time.  It was EXHAUSTING.  How can one little boy have so many questions??  I’m very happy that he’s curious and he asks great questions, but holy moly.  We arrived early and I was a little nervous.  I had selected the seats because these tickets were a birthday gift for A.  He always chooses seats and does a great job.  Anyway, the seats were awesome and in the shade, which was such a relief because my car said it was 98 degrees… WHAT?!?!  By the first inning, W was already complaining that he was ready to go.  Ugggh.  The boys were good for the most part, but they’re just too little to sit for a long period of time.  We left our seats in the fifth inning, which wasn’t unexpected, but disappointing since I paid way too much money for 5 innings of baseball.  We ended up going out to the little park area at Wrigley Field, which is a really nice open space with a large screen, tables, and places to order drinks.  It would’ve been perfect – if it wasn’t 98 degrees.  We spent an inning there and decided to head out because it was just too hot.  All in all, we had fun, but A and I both agreed that we should go to any upcoming games alone if we actually want to watch the game.  We already bought tickets for a game in Baltimore so we’re not sure what we’re going to do for that.  The Cubs won and we stopped for ice cream on the way home.  All in all, a wonderful weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment