Thursday, July 2, 2015

Feeling the Burn

As in burned out.  The past two weeks have been incredibly busy at work.  I agreed to take on a significant additional responsibility.  Naturally, as soon as that happened, situations arose with other projects.  Situations that required much time and attention.  I’m often away from home for 11 hours each day.  That means the mom guilt is in full swing.  I’m not spending enough time with the boys.  I know they are well cared for.  But I also know that a couple hours a day with them isn’t enough for me.

I’ve been making it a point to plan days off and be fully present on the weekends.  A brings the boys to work occasionally and we have lunch.  But I’m struggling.  I feel like I’m never giving enough, and at the same time, I have nothing more to give.


Hopefully my busy workdays are temporary and things will lighten up a bit.  I’m trying to figure out a better way to balance work and life.  Until then, blog posts will be sparse…

No comments:

Post a Comment