Thursday, November 5, 2015

Baby S is 9 Months Old!

Sweet S,
You are 9 months old today! ¾ of a year. You’re always a joy, but you were especially fun this month. Daddy and I even said multiple times that we wish you could stay 8 months forever. smile emoticon
You had a huge month in terms of development. You perfected your crawling skills and you now crawl throughout the house. You love to crawl to the stairs and try to climb up – yikes. You’re pulling up to stand. You also got your first two teeth. Finally! The bottom two came in at the same time and we noticed a top tooth poking through today. You babble quite a bit and make all kinds of silly noises. It sounds like you’re trying to say words – hello, dada, mama – but I’m fairly certain that these are coincidental. People keep telling me you’ll be an early walker and I’m hoping they’re wrong. I’m determined to keep you a baby for as long as possible.
You love to try new foods and love to eat. I’m so appreciative of this! Meal times with you are easy, my dear. This month, you tried gnocchi, eggs, peanut butter toast, spaghetti, sweet potatoes, grilled cheese, green beans, and stuffing. I can’t recall a single thing you haven’t liked. You seem to prefer actual food to puree, which is the exact opposite of your brother and completely new territory for me.
Speaking of that spirited brother of yours, you still adore him. He is by far your favorite person. I wish I could say the same for him. He’s still struggling with sharing mommy (and sharing his toys :\). But he is especially sweet to you in the morning. Just a couple days ago, you were having your morning bottle and W was sitting next to you. He excitedly yelled, “Mommy, S is holding my hand!!” I live for those moments.
You celebrated your first Halloween as the cutest little Dalmatian pup and we had so much fun participating in all the activities that fall had to offer – corn mazes, pumpkin farms, lots of walks outside, and pumpkin carving.
You’re the happiest little guy I’ve ever known and our church friends always enjoy your smiles and happy squeals. I think they look forward to seeing you every week. So do our Starbucks friends. They’ve been known to save us a table on Sundays.
You’re wearing size 12-18 month clothes and shoes. You’re in size 3 diapers, but can probably go up to the next size. You’re sleeping a total of 10 hours each night, but still wake up during the night at least twice a week – maybe teething related?
On to the next month! I have no doubt that you’ll enjoy your first Thanksgiving, my sweet boy. I’m especially thankful for YOU. You are our everything and more, Sam.
P.S. You share your 9 month birthday with Grandpa Tom in Heaven. He would have been 64 today. I know he’s watching over you and smiling down on you today and always.






No comments:

Post a Comment