Monday, November 16, 2015

Weekend Recap

This weekend was one big celebration.  Saturday was my nephew/godson’s first birthday.  I can’t believe he is already one.  I have no idea how that happened.  And I know I’ll be saying the same about S in a couple months.  Anyway, I love to see W and S interact with their cousins.  I was very close with my cousins growing up and still feel a strong connection with them.  I hope the same holds true for W and S.  It was a wonderful birthday party… until W fell backwards and smacked his head on the coffee table.  Sigh.  I’ve never known a toddler who injures himself as much as W.




Sunday was A’s grandma’s birthday party.  She turns 99 on Wednesday.  99!!  Isn’t that amazing?!?  S is her youngest grandbaby.  It was so fun to see the two of them next to each other.  99 versus 9 months.  There was a great turnout and I’m so happy we made the trip.




And I had planned to write about how we waited over an hour for pizza on Friday (what a disaster!) and how we tried to go out for lunch yesterday after the birthday party (another disaster!) only to have W sit on the floor under the table and refuse to eat… but S’s lack of sleep and our busy schedules are catching up to me so I guess I’ll just have to save those stories for another day.  Or never.  Because they really aren’t very good.  Yawn....

No comments:

Post a Comment