Friday, November 6, 2015

Friday Thoughts

I think this weekend is the only one until Christmas where we don’t have plans or some commitment.  Uggh.  If you know me, you know I crave “down time”.  So this weekend will be filled with random errands and all the “down time” (i.e. play time) I can muster.

I ordered two different styles of boots for fall and was really excited about them.  Then I received them and didn’t like either pair.  They’re both going back.  Doh.  I’m not really a boots girl – not because I don’t like them, but because I can never find a style that looks good on me.  I guess I should’ve known.

W lately is either as sweet as can be or a hitting tyrant.  I realize this is what toddlerhood is all about, but holy moly.  He keeps hitting S and it’s driving me crazy.  No matter how many times I talk to him about it, tell him to let mommy know if he’s upset, tell him to offer S another toy, send him to time out, the hitting ensues.  Last night, I had to be really tough on him and he was sent to bed with no bedtime story.  I struggle with discipline – figuring out what is appropriate and will provide a lasting impression is difficult. :\  And then five minutes later he’s telling me he’s loves me and that I’m soooo special.  Sigh.

On a related note, I asked A who he thought was the tougher parent.  He said me.  I would’ve said him.  So that’s a good thing I think?  We’re doing our best to raise respectful, well behaved boys, while at the same time recognizing that they’re young and appropriate behavior is a learning process.

Starbucks red cups have debuted!  They always put me in a festive mood. :)

Work sent out an email regarding dress code.  The gist of it was that they want us to be comfortable so we can now wear jeans every day (as long as we’re not meeting with clients).  YES!!!  I’m so excited!!!


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment