Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Weekend Recap

Life has been busy, hectic, crazy.  I feel like I’ve been writing that a lot lately.  I didn’t even have time for a weekend recap yesterday.  It went something like this: Saturday – errands with W(bank, Target, shoe store), lunch at Sweet Tomatoes, haircut for W, and a date with A to end the day.  By Saturday evening, it was becoming apparent that W was coming down with a cold and by Sunday morning he was congested.  We still went to church because W was still acting like himself.  But then at Starbucks, W did his spit up thing.  As you can imagine, that was loads of fun.  I never realized kids did this with colds, but W does it any time there is extra mucous.  Sorry to be gross.  But this is completely new territory for me.  Yuck.  We had planned to go grocery shopping after breakfast, but we never made it.

Yesterday, S came down with the same cold.  As you can imagine, it was a super long day for Nani.  Both boys have been really cranky and not sleeping well.  And the icing on the cake is that I have a business trip this week.  I fly to Texas tomorrow.  And I’m sure the cold will hit me while I’m on the plane and A while he’s attempting to care for two cranky boys because that just seems to be our luck.  We’re in survival mode.


BUT I do want to highlight our date night because that was so fun and very much needed.  A and I don’t get out much, which is to be expected with two littles.  Our moms watch the boys during the week and we don’t really know anyone (or trust anyone) to watch them during the weekends.  Family and friends are busy with their own kiddos.  That means we never go out.  So as an anniversary gift, my mom offered to watch the boys and gave us a certificate to a new local restaurant.  A and I LOVED it.  I ordered wine.  A ordered a fancy cocktail that I can’t seem to remember the name of.  I had the brick oven mole chicken and A had a filet.  So so yummy.  Then we ordered the chocolate fountain for dessert.  It was so great to be able to relax and talk to one another without being interrupted 50393 times.  It was also great to be surrounded by adults and normal conversation (versus yelling).  I can’t even remember the last time the two of us went out for dinner.  And I’m not saying I don’t love the constant toddler chatter and baby babble – this was just a nice change of pace.  I’m happy we got some quality time together.



No comments:

Post a Comment