Monday, November 23, 2015

This and That

I have not been very good about blogging lately.  Tis the season for lots of plans and little time.  Throw in some extra busy work days and time for blogging is nonexistent.

W has been in a funk lately.  I’m not sure if he’s not feeling well.  I kept him home from school on Thursday because he complained of a tummy ache and did his spit up thing.  He had a cold, but I thought he was getting over it.  So not sure if this is cold number 2?  Along with his symptoms, he’s not sleeping well.  Thankfully he had been sleeping great up until a couple nights ago.  There was a period of time when I didn’t think that would ever happen.  Hoping my little buddy feels better soon. 

Speaking of W, he has been really mean to S lately and it bothers me.  Previously he would say things… put S down, leave S upstairs.  But W’s starting pushing and hitting.  I’m assuming this behavior is typical, but it’s hard to deal with.  Lots of time outs and even some yelling by me, but the bad behavior continues. L

In other news S is working on tooth number 4.  He has a doctor’s appointment this evening and I’m looking forward to finding out how big he actually is.  Whenever we meet people, they assume he’s at least a year and are shocked to find out he’s nine months.  He’s crawling, climbing, and pulling up on everything.  Little guy will be walking in no time.

We got our first snow storm over the weekend.  Truth be told, I actually liked it.  We typically get a few snow flurries in November and the first snowflakes are always exciting.  Mother nature decided to skip the flakes this year and dumped a big old pile of snow.  16 inches to be exact.  I was excited and tried to get the boys out for sledding and snowman building.  S cried and W asked to go back inside.  Wimps.  Just kidding.  The snow was still falling and hitting them in the face while we were out and they were not having it.  So much for that.

The snow was so heavy that it broke power lines and our power actually went out for a bit – I’m assuming that’s what happened anyway  The thought of being stuck inside with no power and two restless boys made me anxious so we decided to head out and do our grocery shopping.  I was very concerned about all the frozen milk I had stored.  Luckily the power was on by the time we got home.

Sunday was our usual routine and we decided to start decorating the house for Christmas.  No tree yet, but it was fun to get out the rest of the décor.  I’m super excited for Christmas this year – W is really into it and it will be S’s first Christmas.  I can’t wait! J

And some randoms:

Stitch Fix number 5 arrives this week!  Woohoo!

I’ve declared Wednesday Kindness Day and the boys and I are setting out on a little mission to bring holiday cheer to a few people around town.  More on that to come.

I have W’s and S’s nurseries posted on Pinterest.  I realized over the weekend that someone copied W’s nursery almost exactly.  I suppose that’s kind of the point of Pinterest, but it caught me off guard.  Maybe I missed my calling as nursery designer – Ha!

I know of at least 4 babies born in the last week!  Holy baby boom!

There are conferences tomorrow at W's school.  Conferences.  In preschool?!?  I didn't know that was a thing.  Hoping for a good report.

I’m not sure if I’ll have another post before Thursday so Happy Thanksgiving!!  So very much to be thankful for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment