Tuesday, April 12, 2016

S at 14 Months

S turned 14 months last week and he's added a few tricks in the last month.  He's started eating with a spoon and a fork and actually prefers this to using his fingers.  He's really accurate and even scoops puree or yogurt out of a bowl.  He's also starting to get the hang of a sippy cup, but definitely prefers a bottle.  W was super easy to wean from the bottle and I'm thinking it may be a bit more difficult for S.

S is a climber.  He climbs step stools and chairs.  He now goes up and down the stairs.  He also loves to stand on beds.  We have to keep a very close eye on him - as soon as we turn around, he's standing on a chair or has managed to climb onto his play kitchen.





S has figured out that he can show us what he wants.  He'll walk over to the pantry or refrigerator and point and grunt.  I'll pick him up and he'll point to his bottle or a snack that he wants.

He's started to love books and often brings a book over to us to read.  I've tried story books and he's not ready for those yet, but he loves the 'lift the flap' type books and pop up books.

S is my dancer and I LOVE that about him.  This is new to me - W loved music, but never really danced.  S will shake it as soon as a song comes on.  He's even started dancing in church and during the National Anthem at sports events.  SO cute.

He hasn't added any new words.  When I sing, Ba Ba Black Sheep, he'll sing along with ba, ba, ba, but that's all I can think of.  Motor skills definitely seem to be his strength.

Sleep is still challenging and it's just something we deal with.  Some nights, S will sleep 11-12 hours straight, but most nights, he wakes up once and wants a bottle.  I could write a whole post on sleep and maybe I will some day, but the point is, we don't stress about it.  We've tried some sleep training methods and have come to the conclusion that some babies are just good sleepers and some aren't.  Luckily, after a bottle, S usually goes back to sleep and sleeps until morning.  He's also a good napper - much better than W ever was so we've got that going for us.  He transitioned himself to one nap a day and he'll sleep 1.5-2.5 hours.

I really love this age and I feel like we're in a good place with both boys.  They're both learning so much and now that S is starting to communicate, it seems like W appreciates him more.  As much as I missing having a little baby, I'm also enjoying not having to pump anymore. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment