Monday, June 6, 2016

Weekend Recap

This past weekend certainly had its challenges, BUT everyone is healthy and we managed to have some fun so I’m calling it a win.  I’m not even sure it’s worth discussing, but since I recap nearly every weekend, I feel obligated.

Friday – S got a much needed haircut.  He did really well and looked so handsome.  We decided to hit up one of our favorite pizza restaurants for dinner.  This place happens to be A’s favorite and we have a tradition of going at the end of the school year.  I was also starving so I was looking forward to it.  W complained that he didn’t want to go, he wanted to stay home and play.  I basically told him to suck it up, buttercup, because mommy was hungry.  I reminded him that he could throw peanuts on the floor and there were lots of animals (heads) to see.  Sidenote: I HATE hunting so not at all a fan of the décor, but the boys don’t understand what they’re seeing yet and it’s the only thing bad about this place.  Anyway, we walked in and were seated right away.  Immediately W laid down in the booth (which he often does) and puked all over me.  As in jeans, shirt were covered.  It came out of nowhere and I have no idea what happened.  I told A to take him outside and A stood up grabbing napkins.  I think I yelled, “take him out NOW!”.  And A was a little offended.  Oopsie.  But I didn’t want the poor customers to have to see any more puke and I certainly didn’t want to be puked on again.  So here I am thinking OMG, does he have the flu, heat exhaustion, pancreatitis??  What the heck is wrong with him?  Obviously we left the restaurant and W complained that his tummy hurt on the way home.  He fell asleep for a bit in his car seat.  When we got home, I offered him a popsicle.  He ate it and then told me his tummy needed another one to feel better.  Ok, fine (they were sugar free mini popsicles anyway).  Ate that then told me his tummy needed goldfish crackers to feel better.  Ok.  Ate those.  Meanwhile, A ordered pizza from a different place.  Once we had our pizza (2 hours after arriving at the restaurant – did I mention I was starving?), W ate several pieces and then asked for dessert.  He was totally fine.  Still not sure what happened.  My best guess is he drank too much water before getting in the car (liquids + travel are not a good combo for him) or he was getting back at me for making him go to dinner.  On a sad note, we can’t go back to our favorite pizza restaurant any time soon because I’m mortified.




Saturday – soccer in the morning.  W’s last soccer class and he barely participated.  I told him I was disappointed in him for not trying and at the very least, I expected him to listen to his coach.  He was very excited about the medal he received, though.  Sigh.  After that frustrating experience, we headed to Red Head Fest only to have it start pouring immediately upon our arrival.  We never even got out of the car.  Plan B was to head to Sweet Tomatoes for lunch.  W loves their soup and S was happy until he decided he had enough – and then he was mad that he couldn’t get out of his high chair.  After that, we decided to stop by Grandma’s G so that W could show off his medal and visit Meiko cat.  While there, S emptied the dirt from one of Grandma’s pots and then W and S started going through her cabinets, removing pots and pans and spices.  Geesh.  That was our cue to leave.

Sunday – church and Starbucks.  After that, we headed to the Cubs game.  We actually arrived too early and by the first inning, W was complaining that he wanted to go home.  I’m happy we made it to Wrigley Field as a family, but A and I decided no more baseball games with the kids.  They get bored and restless and we can’t really watch the game because we’re trying to entertain them.  Way too expensive for 5 innings of baseball.  All things considered, the boys were good and we had fun – until about the 5th inning.  Then it was definitely time to go.  Also the Cubs lost so we’re pretty sure the boys are a jinx, or at least one of them is. J




Also, we had our dishwasher repaired last week.  $260 and two days later it stopped working again.  So there’s that.  Nothing major, but not really the best weekend either.

No comments:

Post a Comment