Friday, July 1, 2016

Stitch Fix #9

I say it every time I get a new Fix – Stitch Fix is awesome.  It’s so much fun and I always find something I love.  TRY IT!!  And use my referral code when you do, please?  https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/5478084

The boys are usually excited about Stitch Fix, but not on this day.  As you will see in the outtakes, W was in the midst of a meltdown (I still haven’t figured out why he was upset – something about me not carrying him up the stairs) and S was cranky and pantless.  I needed to check out by the following day so really wanted to try items on, but yikes, it was challenging.  Here goes…

I actually received something I’ve never gotten in a Fix before – SHOES!!  I thought these Dolce Vita Lettie Suede Cross Strap Wedges were so cute and I love the orangey coral color.  I happened to be wearing a dress in a similar color when I opened these so they went right on my feet.  These were pricey – much more than I’d typically pay for shoes.  But the straps were made from a soft suede and it was apparent that these were quality shoes (instead of the cheap ones I typically buy that have a tendency to fall apart in a few months).  KEPT

Don't even look at the mess behind me.

Oh hello white legs 
Next up was this Market & Spruce Nic Knit Dress.  I loved it on the hanger, but as soon as I put it on, it was a nope.  Way too clingy in the mid-section and really unflattering on my figure.  Other reviews of this dress all said it was very flattering so I guess it just wasn’t right for my body type.  I love the overall style and navy stripes and I think it looks adorable with a jean jacket and wedges, but sadly, I wouldn’t feel comfortable wearing it.  RETURN KEPT



Next I tried on this Market & Spruce Cloay Sleeve Slit Knit striped top.  It’s hard to tell, but it had little slits in the sleeves, giving it a little something extra.  The horizontal stripes are probably not the most flattering, but if you know me, you know that I almost always keep anything long, loose, and striped.  So this was a no brainer for me.  And please excuse the awkward pose.  KEPT



The next item I pulled out of the box was a Daniel Rainn Sheera Split Neck Knit top.  I love Daniel Rainn – his blouses are always beautiful, often have a pretty floral pattern, and are perfect for work.  When I tried this on, I was on the fence.  I liked the overall style, but it had a slit in the front that definitely wouldn’t work for playing with the boys.  I’d also be self-conscious wearing it to work.  Nothing says unprofessional like cleavage.  However, when I looked back at the photos A had taken for me, I thought it looked cute on.  UNDECIDED KEPT



Finally, the Papermoon Verner Crochet Collar top.  I typically don’t wear sleeveless tops, but this was way too cute to cover up.  I loved the crochet detail on the straps.  This top was a bit thin and sheer, but I think I can get away with no cami underneath.  Not sure how I’d wear one anyway given the style of this.  I realize the shoes don’t match, but at this point, the boys were losing it and I was ready to be done.  I haven’t tried yet, but I think this top would look super cute with white skinny jeans and wedges. KEPT


 So here’s the deal, I asked A what he thought I should do – I could keep all 5 items and get 25% off or keep 3 items and the cost would be a difference of $30.  A told me to just keep it all and try to sell the dress.  So that’s what I did. J  My husband rocks.  And I’m glad I kept the Daniel Rainn top because I wore it to work a few days later with a cardigan (and cami underneath) and it made for a great outfit (at least I think so). J



Annnnd meltdown mode…






No comments:

Post a Comment