Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Stitch Fix #15

Finally getting around to sharing my latest Stitch Fix.



Because I’ve received a few questions, a little blurb about how Stitch Fix works:

You create a style profile through the Stitch Fix website.  Basically you’re asked several questions that define your style – likes, dislikes, preferences.  If there is something you absolutely don’t want to receive (for me, it’s purses and jewelry), you indicate that here.  You select a price range and frequency for shipments.  And whaalah… a box arrives at your door.  You keep what you like and return what you don’t.  Stitch Fix carries several sizes including plus size and maternity. 

There is a $20 styling fee and this is deducted if you choose to keep an item.  So obviously it’s in your best interest to keep at least one item (this hasn’t been a problem for me!).  If you keep all five items, you receive a 25% discount.

A bit of advice if you decide to partake:  Provide your stylist with detailed descriptions of what you like and don’t like and create a Pinterest board that represents your style.  The Pinterest board has really helped as I often get one or two items directly from my Pinterest board.  And I always try to keep the five items I receive and sell anything I don’t love in one of the Stitch Fix buy/sell/trade groups on Facebook.

I often get asked about price point.  This depends on what you indicate in your style profile.  For me, tops are often around $40-60, dresses are $50-70, and jeans/pants $60-80.  While that may seem a bit pricey, I would argue that the items I’ve received are very high quality and fit me extraordinarily well.  Stitch Fix also has amazing customer service.  And if I can take advantage of the 25% discount, even better!

If you’re interested in trying, my referral link… https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/5478084

First up, the Sweet Grey Ashtonne Striped Open Drape Cardigan.  I LOVE cardigans.  I know I’ve mentioned this before.  This particular cardigan was long, thin, and had such a cute stripe pattern.  It was perfect for me.  I originally paired with an off white top and dark skinny jeans, but wore it to work with a navy top and white jeans.  I love it either way and I think cardigans are such a great work staple – they can make an outfit more interesting and appear put together.  They also keep me warm (since I’m always cold at work).  KEPT




Next up, the Daniel Rainn Micha Split Neck Blouse.  I’ve sung the praises of Daniel Rainn previously and my stylist definitely knows I’m a fan.  I was a bit reluctant about this particular blouse, though.  The colors and pattern are a bit more bold than I’d typically wear.  When I tried it on, I actually liked it better, but still wasn’t completely sure.  I do think it’s perfect for spring and I’m curious to see what it looks like with an off-white cardigan (I know, enough with the cardigans already) because I think it could tone down the print a bit.  Ultimately, I decided to keep this for the discount, but I do think it will be great for work. KEPT



I paired the Daniel Rainn top with the Liverpool Kay 4-way Stretch Skinny Jean.  I have a pair of these from Stitch Fix and they are my absolute favorite jeans.  I requested the same exact pair, but my stylist sent me a brighter blue pair.  The photo doesn’t do these jeans justice – they’re more of a true blue in person.  I’m usually all about dark denim, not that I’m suggesting these are a light color – just a little brighter than I typically choose.  Because I love my original pair so much and I also thought these would be great for spring, I decided to keep them. KEPT



I tried on the 41 Hawthorn Rebeka Dress next.  I had this pinned, but it was way more gorgeous in person. I absolutely loved the style.  SO me!  I’m such a sucker for cute dresses and of course, stripes.  While this isn’t casual enough for hanging with the boys, it will be great for work, church, or wedding showers.  I’ll definitely find uses for it.  KEPT



Finally, the 41 Hawthorn Breyson Pleated Detail Blouse.  Red is my favorite color, but I hardly have any red in my closet.  The bright red and floral pattern on this top are beautiful  The fit was loose and a little flowy – perfect for me!  I wanted to see what this would look like with both white and blue denim and I really liked both outfits.  Another great work piece that also works for hanging out with the boys.  KEPT





Another 5/5 Fix in the books.  Happy to have Kate styling me once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment