Monday, April 3, 2017

Weekend Recap

This weekend marked the end of A’s and W’s spring break.  It was so nice to have a little reprieve from hectic mornings!  Even though the weather was crummy, A spoiled the boys with trips to the trampoline park, walks around the neighborhood, a lunch outing, the mall play place, and a visit to Nani and Papa’s house.  I was a little disappointed that we didn’t travel anywhere, but it was nice to have a relatively relaxed week.

I took a half day on Friday and the fabulous Jane came over to watch the boys.  They made bird feeders (which turned out to be squirrel feeders) and used waffle blocks to build a mini classroom.  Meanwhile, A and I saw Beauty and the Beast and I loved it!!  Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie so when I saw the previews for the new live-action (is that what the kids are calling it these days?) one, I had to see it.  It didn’t disappoint!  And movie theater popcorn… yum!  We had planned to go out for lunch, but because it’s Lent, meat free options are limited.  I can always find something, but A is a different story.  We ended up going to TGIF Fridays for appetizers and good conversation.  I always enjoy an uninterrupted discussion.  It was such a fun little date!

W's classroom.  It may look like a mess, but if you look closely, you can see W at his desk and his students all around.  He even gave each student a pencil and paper. :)
S didn’t have preschool on Saturday so I went and got a pedicure.  Soooo relaxing and so nice to have an hour to myself.  Of course, once I got home, I had the bright idea to go to Target with S.  It was an hour after I had gotten my nails done so I thought it was ok to put shoes on.  Wrong.  I totally ruined a couple of my nails and felt like such an idiot. :\  Anyway, W had swim class and was even lowered into the water from the diving board!  So so proud of him!!  We finished the day by heading to a birthday party for our friends’ three girls.


Sunday was the usual.  We all dressed in our Cubs gear for Opening Day and I made my “famous mac and cheese”.


I loathe whomever came up with these carts.  They are tremendously difficult to push and boys side by side equates to constant arguing and pushing.  If I had to summarize their relationship in a photo, it would be this one.  S loving on W and W not having it.

No comments:

Post a Comment