Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday Favorites


It’s Friday!!  And it has been a really looong week!  Time to celebrate with a few of my favorite things.
 
I haven’t been this excited about a piece of jewelry in a long time.  I love love love Alex and Ani bracelets.  They have so many options to choose from, come in gold and silver, are made in the US, and BEST of all – they are very affordable.  I have baby W’s first initial and birthstone.  Did I mention how much I love them?  Oh AND I love their company spiel:

 “Alex and Ani, LLC offers eco-friendly, positive energy products that adorn the body, enlighten the mind, and empower the spirit, designed by Carolyn Rafaelian and made in America. Carolyn believes that every individual has a positive message to share with the world and by incorporating powerful symbolism and design into each (+) energy piece, Alex and Ani provides a vehicle for the wearer to express their individuality in an organic, spiritual way. She believes it is her life’s work to support communities and organizations while inspiring her customers to relish what is unique and authentic about themselves, revealing the beauty that resides within.”




If you’re a mom, then you should get to know TheBabyGuyNYC.  He has a website, FB page, Twitter, Instagram, and probably more social media outlets that I’m not even familiar with.  TheBabyGuy aka Jamie is a gay, childless, baby gear expert.  And he’s awesome.  He gives thorough product reviews and demonstrations.  Every so often, he has a fantastic giveaway.  I haven’t won yet, but someday… I wish I would have discovered him while I was pregnant.  After some serious research and much wavering, I chose baby W’s convertible car seat based on his recommendation.

McDonald’s has a Pumpkin Spice Latte!  It’s no Starbucks PSL, but it’s still tasty.  And there happen to be exactly 4 McDonald’s drive thrus on my direct route home.  That trumps the one Starbucks drive thru that is nearly impossible to pull out of without a collision.  And yes, I am lazy.  And yes, I may have stopped at McDonalds 4 times this week for a coffee beverage of some sort…  it was a long week.  Don’t judge.

Baby W woke up super happy today.  He’s always been a happy baby, but he seemed extra happy this morning.  Maybe he knows it’s Friday.  After his bottle, we made our way upstairs.  I’ve been trying to get him to say mama, dada, Addie, for a long time.  He’s only 9 months old, so I’ve never really expected him to repeat after me.  This morning, I started with mama and said it a few times.  Then I said dada a few times and W repeated dada!!  It made my day!  Unfortunately, I couldn’t get him to say it again.  BUT I heard it!  Without a doubt, he said dada!

Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment