Thursday, September 26, 2013

Sometimes I just need to vent


It has been a week filled with minor frustrations, annoyances, and lots of emails.  I’m just in a bad mood and I think that’s ok sometimes.  I’m trying to snap out of it and I will soon.  But for the time being, I’m just going to be blah.  And since I’m blah, here is my public service announcement.  Sometime people use social media to vent.  I often do.  I’m not looking for advice and I’m certainly not looking for a condescending comment.  I'm not trying to offend anyone.  I’m just simply venting.  Getting something off my mind and putting it somewhere else.  That is very therapeutic for me.  I try to be optimistic and hopeful and cheery on social media, but let’s face it, there are days when the baby is cranky, someone says something that bugs me, or I get 19 emails in an hour at work.  So the next time one of your friends doesn’t have a jovial Facebook status, try not to tell them what they’re doing wrong or explain the situation from your point of view.  Instead, just simply say “been there” or “I understand where you’re coming from”.  Commiserate.  Sympathize.  A little empathy goes a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment