Friday, November 8, 2013

Friday Favorites


Friday Favorites… dun, dun, dunnnnn….

  • Red cups at Starbucks!!  Helloooo holidays!!  It makes my heart smile.  Pass me a peppermint mocha, please!
  • I’m getting my hair cut and highlighted this weekend and my oh my, do I need it!  I may even change my hair style a bit… hmmm.
  • We are competing in a trivia contest this weekend.  There are no words for how horrible I am at trivia.  They just never ask questions about the things I’m knowledgeable about… you know… celebrity baby names, Facebook stalking, Teen Mom 3, fast food restaurants, baby Gap...  Just kidding – I really am terrible, though.  But for some reason, I LOVE trivia games… I guess I just love feeling dumb? J
  • I’m taking Monday off.  A is also off.  By the way, a HUGE thank you to our veterans.  I would last about 0.2 seconds in the military so I give all of those who serve major props.  Thank you for your hard work and dedication so we can all pursue our dreams.  So since A and I both have the day off, we are working on the house.  It desperately needs some deep cleaning and little upgrades here and there.  My husband is on the verge of becoming a hoarder so I’m hoping to convince him to part with a few items. ;)  And as previously mentioned, we might bust out the Christmas décor!
  • I started Christmas shopping about 2 weeks ago.  I think it’s the earliest I’ve ever started.  But I also have more to buy this year than ever before.
  • I’m still trying to put a little more effort into my style – choosing outfits and accessories.  I’m also having fun wearing things I haven’t worn is years.  Last year at this time, I was super pregnant so I’m enjoying rediscovering my clothes.

 

P.S.  I know the quality of these photos is horrendous, but I think they get the point across.  The jacket and the sweater shown have not been worn in years, but I really like them.  They almost feel like new clothes since it’s been so long.  Almost. J

 And some not so favorites…
 
  • The time change.  I hate driving home in the pitch dark.  Yuck.  I was worried about how Baby W would adjust, but he’s actually done pretty well.
  • These Bitstrip things that keep popping up in my FB newsfeed.  OMG I hate them.  And EVERYONE is doing them.  I really don’t need to see cartoon versions of all my friends.  No thank you.  Apparently there’s a way to block them – I need to do that.
  • Recruiters that call me at work.  First of all, I have a job; I’m not looking.  I mean obviously – you called me AT MY WORKPLACE.  Second of all, how the heck are you getting my phone number??  Leave me alone!  And third, if I were looking, would I really want to talk to you at work, where all my colleagues could hear our conversation??  Umm… no.  Duh.

 Happy weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment