Wednesday, November 13, 2013

ZZzzz


I’m having a rough day week.  Before I go into that, I want to make it clear that I’m not trying to be whiny or complainy (yes, I just made up a word) in regards to Baby W.  I’m just trying to understand.  I promised myself that I would never ever complain about the difficult moments that come along with having and parenting a baby.  I’m so blessed to have W in my life and I’ll gladly take those moments that test my patience.  I’ll take any parenting related tribulation if it means I get to be a mom.

With that said, W has not been sleeping well.  For the past three nights, he’s woken up and will not go back to sleep.  He does this weird thing where he seems to sleep crawl in his crib, which always results in him bumping his head on the side of the crib.  That only makes him more upset and it’s even harder to get him back to sleep.  Or he’ll wake up and immediately stand up in his crib and start to cry.  He will not lay back down once he stands up.  I’m not comfortable with letting him “cry it out”.  I’m at a loss.  For the past 2 nights, I’ve brought him into our bed because it’s the only thing that calms him quickly and he falls back asleep.  I KNOW this is bad and I don’t want him to think he can sleep with mom and dad every night.  Kudos to those who co-sleep, but I am not on board with that.  He has a bed and I have mine.  His naps have been inconsistent, but yesterday he took two naps so I have no idea what happened last night.  Here’s a little glimpse into our night:

7:30 – bottle.  W falls asleep after finishing bottle.  In crib by 7:45.  Wakes up at 9:50ish.  With rocking, falls back asleep.  Return him to crib.  10:15 – awake again.  Repeated attempts at soothing… rocking, walking, etc.  10:30ish – 2 oz of formula with Motrin.  Maybe his teeth are bothering him?  10:45 – falls asleep after bottle.  Return to crib.  Awake again at 10:50 ish.  Bring him to our room.  Falls asleep in our bed.  I attempt to return him to crib around 11.  Awake again.  Give up at 11:15ish and let him sleep in our bed.  I wake up at 3 and return him to his crib.  He wakes for the day at 5:15.  Despite attempts to get him back to sleep, he’s up.

Is this a phase??  What gives?  Add the sleepless nights to the fact that my most favorite pair of <pricey> shoes broke yesterday, work has been a bit hectic, and I’m not feeling well (praying that I’m not coming down with another cold), and I’m an overwhelmed zombie.

A friend sent me a link on sleep regression.  Perhaps this is what we’re dealing with? :\

No comments:

Post a Comment