Monday, November 18, 2013

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

I had to take a little hiatus because I got sick AGAIN.  Two colds in less than a month.  Not fun.  Here’s hoping I’m done being sick for awhile.  I really don’t want to go for the trifecta and make it three in a row.  Unfortunately, it appears baby W caught my cold.  Breaks my heart. L  I hope he gets over it quickly.  A said at least we’re getting the sickness out of the way in time for the holidays.  I hope he’s right!

Our weekend was very low key.  I’m glad we didn’t have any plans since I’m still recovering from the plague.  Because we had a free weekend, we decided to decorate for Christmas!  Don’t worry, we’ll still be excited for Thanksgiving and all that yummy goodness, but I love that our house looks so festive.  I love the glow of the lights on the Christmas tree.  I love the smell of the cinnamon candles and the sight of the pretty garland on the dining room table.  So what if I want to be in a festive mood a little earlier this year?  It brings me joy. 

Baby W likes to look at the tree, but he wasn’t as excited as I thought he’d be.  I wonder what he’ll think of the presents…??
 
Yesterday, we had terrible storms.  It was nearly 70 degrees – unheard of for Chicago in November.  Just a few days ago, temperatures were in the 20s and we had snow.  Even though there were strong winds, downpours, and lots of thunder and lightning, no major damage occurred.  We were lucky.  The central and southern parts of the state weren’t so lucky.  There were several tornados that touched down and towns were destroyed.  People were injured and a few lost their lives.  Very sad.  I’m thankful we had little damage, but feel terrible for those who lost everything. L

On a brighter note, some of our best friends have twins on the way and tomorrow they’re telling me the gender.  I CANNOT wait to find out.  I know both babies are the same gender… I’m dying to know.  At first I thought 2 boys, BUT I am usually wrong so then I thought maybe two girls.  The way Megan is carrying makes me think girls, but the morning sickness makes me think boys.  Long story short… I HAVE NO IDEA.  Eeeeee… so excited to find out.  I can’t wait to meet them!!
 
Also brighter... Baby W has been sleeping through the night!  Yay!!  But I'm sure I just jinxed it.

I promise the tree is not leaning - bad camera angle
 
 
My little kissy face <3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment