Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Weekend Recap


Well, another weekend come and gone way too quickly.

We did not end up decorating for Christmas… yet.  Maybe this coming weekend!  I was overly ambitious per usual.  But we still got lots accomplished.

Saturday I got my hair cut and highlighted and I’m feeling much better.  I added layers and I’m loving that my hair doesn’t seem so weighed down – I have a TON of hair.  Yay for a new do – an instant pick me up!

Saturday night was trivia night.  It was so much fun and our team did great.  I even contributed… yes!!  Going into the final round, we were in second place, which was awesome.  We kinda fell apart in the last round and ended up in fifth place – still a good showing.

Sunday was our usual routine.  Baby W refused to take a second nap despite my best efforts of rocking, white noise, laying down with him, and more rocking.  Sigh.  I’m not sure what’s going on with his sleep lately.

Monday was super cleaning day.  A helped and so did my mom.  That sounds terrible, but believe it or not, my mom actually enjoys cleaning.  In her words, she “enjoys projects and keeping busy”.  She even came over with her own cleaning supplies?!?!  Stairs were vacuumed, new couch pillows were purchased, drawers were cleaned out, even under the bed was vacuumed.  I still have a couple things on my cleaning list, but the house is looking good! 
 
And once again, W refused a second nap.  He ended up falling asleep in his highchair during dinner.  We let him sleep for 30 minutes and then woke him up so he’d sleep at night.  Not sure if that was the right move - maybe we should’ve kept him up.  Regardless, I think he would’ve woken up in the night.  I heard him on the monitor at 4 am.  I looked and it appeared that he was under a blanket at the end of the crib.  Then, I noticed movement on the opposite side of the crib.  I looked a little closer and realized that he was standing up, having his own little party, chatting away.  Uggh.  I asked A to bring him in bed with us.  The dog was already in our bed, so why not add one more to the mix?!?  Besides, there was no way W was going to lay down and fall back asleep on his own.  It seems that lying in our bed next to us relaxes him and he’s able to fall back asleep sooner (as opposed to rocking him).  30 minutes later, he was asleep and I returned him to his crib.  I’d love to know why he keeps waking up.  I know the time change couldn’t have helped and lack of a second nap certainly isn’t helping.  We had his ears checked by the doctor on Friday and they looked fine.  I’ve been blaming teething for about a month and haven’t seen any teeth.  I guess it’s just a phase?  Hopefully, I can make it through the day without nodding off at my desk!  Extra coffee for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment