Monday, January 6, 2014

12 months of Baby W

Just trying to stay warm today!  It's currently -15 with a wind chill of -39.  Crazy cold!!  On the bright side, my office is closed and A's school is closed due to the frigid weather.  An extra day at home!  Woohoo!

I've been posting W's monthly updates on FB and usually post them here as well.  So, without further ado, the 1 year post:


Happy first birthday! For nine months, I prepared for you. I researched baby products. I decorated your room. I watched my tummy get bigger and I felt you move. But somehow, despite all those preparations, despite seeing you in ultrasound pictures, having a baby just didn’t seem REAL. Then, at 8:31 am on December 20, 2012, I met you. And my life changed forever. You were a reality. You made me a mom. And you were better than perfect.

I’ve so enjoyed watching you grow. I’ve enjoyed every milestone, every accomplishment, and I’ve even enjoyed the challenges. Because those challenges mean I get to be a mom. And even better, I get to be YOUR mom. And I’m so grateful for that honor.

I hope you have the happiest of birthdays and I hope you know how much you’re loved.
 

 

In the past month we celebrated Thanksgiving. You refused to eat turkey, but enjoyed the Jello. We also celebrated St. Nicholas Day. You must’ve been a good boy because St. Nicholas left some goodies in (and near) your shoe. You've taken several steps by yourself and I suspect you’ll be running through the house soon. We’re still having trouble getting you to eat table food. I am convinced that you are just stubborn. You like the taste of things, but why eat when you can throw food on the floor or feed Addie? Your favorite foods as of late are bagels and cheerios (you still love chicken). You also like yogurt and Jello. One of my most favorite things you do is “share”. You hand things over to me quite often or you just reach out your hand to me. You also hug stuffed animals and even Grandma G’s cat - Meiko (and Meiko loves you so he LETS you hug him). It’s apparent that you have a very big heart and a love for animals like your mom. You can climb up the stairs. You say mama, dada (though you don’t say dada, you yell it), moo, amen, neigh (sometimes), and ho ho ho. And I think you try to say Addie – not sure? You hate diaper changes and hearing the word “no”. You just got your 6th tooth. I cannot believe you are one. We had an incredible year together. It was SO much better than I imagined. Looking forward to the year ahead. You are our everything and more, little man. And even though we’re entering toddlerhood, you’ll always be my baby.




No comments:

Post a Comment