Thursday, January 30, 2014

Name Game


I don’t really have anything to talk about today – which is weird.  I always have SOMETHING on my mind.  Ok, I’m lying – I do have things on my mind, but they aren’t blog worthy.  Like baby names – I love the name game.  I love hearing what other people are naming their kids.  People have such different tastes.  If I’m being completely honest, I usually don’t love the names others choose – Ha!  But that’s totally fine because I’m sure they don’t like my favorites. 
 
I was reading the top 100 boys names list to A a couple weeks ago.  It was really funny to hear his reaction to some of the names.  According to him, the names I like are “stupid” and I think the names he likes are really boring.  It was incredibly hard for me to commit to W’s name.  I liked it, but I wasn’t convinced it was THE name.  The name he’d have for his entire life, his identity.  And I wouldn’t completely agree to it until I saw him.  What if he just didn’t look like a W?  Now, I wouldn’t change his name for anything.  It’s perfect.  And I know I haven’t disclosed it on here so it’s not really fair to keep talking about it, but I will say he does have a traditional first name and an Irish middle name – a pattern I hope to repeat if we have any more children.

On a completely different note, W had a great night last night.  You can barely see where he bumped his head and he slept through the night.  Hallelujah (I totally had to Google how to spell hallelujah)!

No comments:

Post a Comment