Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A Rough Start

Today has been awesome.  And I mean that in the most sarcastic way.

Today has started out horrendously.  But that means it can only get better, right?

The horrendousness (is that a word?) actually started yesterday afternoon.  A and I were home again because of the cold weather.  I was working on my laptop when I heard a loud noise.  W had tripped over a balloon and fell face first into the corner of our bookshelf.  The sound of it was horrible and I can only imagine how much it hurt.  W had a bruise and a bump on his forehead and a bloody lip, but I was surprised that he didn’t cry very much all things considered.  The lip stopped bleeding relatively quickly and he barely had a bump on his head by evening.

Just before bed, A mentioned that W seemed more unsteady than usual, which made me nervous.  But then again he’s one and started walking fairly recently – I wouldn’t call him stable.  W also gets wobbly when he’s tired.  He went to bed at his usual time – around 8pm.  I put some Motrin in his final bottle in case he had a headache or any lingering pain from the fall.  W was up again at 9:30pm.  Then again at 11:30pm.  Then again at 12:45am.  At this point, A and I brought him into our bed and he slept for a couple hours.  Around 4am, A placed W back in his crib and we hoped to get a bit more sleep before having to get up for the day.  W, however, had other plans.  He was up at 5am and wouldn’t go back to sleep.

I’m not sure if he was in pain, just having trouble staying asleep, teething again, or all of the above?  I felt awful for him (and for me).  And now I’m wondering if I should have called the doctor or should have taken him in to the pediatrician this morning?  My instinct told me he was ok, but now I’m second guessing myself. L

Then I had a 7am conference call this morning.  I decided to call in from home.  In order to make it to work by 7, I’d have to leave the house by 6:15 and that just wasn’t happening.  So I called in a little before 7.  By 7:10, the meeting hadn’t started so I texted my coworker.  Turns out the meeting had been rescheduled and I hadn’t received notification.  Perfect.

When I finally got to work, I had an email from a partner company.  They basically had no idea what I was requesting even though I explained very clearly.  I know that’s vague, but getting information from these people is like pulling teeth.  I thought we were on the same page with my recent request… wrong.  It was just one more frustrating thing to add to the list.

But then, the day started to improve….  Remember when I mentioned that W’s 12 month photo session was a disaster?  Well, somehow the photographer managed to capture some perfect photos of my sweet little man.  I’m so in love with them – she did an amazing job.  Here’s hoping the day continues to improve. 

A few of my favorite photos:
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment