Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Weekend Recap and Colds for All

Things continue to be… challenging.  I was looking forward to a 3 day weekend – until we all came down with colds.  Luckily, they all seem relatively minor and I hope I didn’t just jinx it.  Of course, W and S were the first to have cold symptoms and the boys shared with mom and dad.  I always worry when A gets a virus, but with the start of school it was inevitable.  Anyway.  There were a few highlights from this weekend... 

On Friday night, Uncle Brian brought over my nephew’s old bed for W.  This bed just so happens to be in the shape of a race car.  SO cool.  W loved it and has been sleeping well in it (knock on wood, jinx, fingers crossed, etc. etc.).



 Saturday, S turned 7 months old.  Sob.  I took W grocery shopping with me and he was so cute.  I love when we get to spend one on one time together.  I even bought him a drink at Starbucks for being such a great helper.  My mom came over that evening and helped me decorate for fall.  I made soup for dinner to get into the fall spirit... too bad it was 90 degrees outside. :)



Sunday, was my mom’s birthday.  We went to church and Starbucks and gave her a little gift.  Then, A and I took the boys to a local pool.  We’d never been to this pool before and W had a blast.  There was a special toddler pool complete with a “water slide”.  I’ve never seen W have so much fun in the water.  He typically walks at the edge of the pool and always wants A or me to stay with him (which is fine because I'm always nervous about him going under water).   Not so here.  He was splashing, jumping, and sticking his face in the water.  He was totally in his element.  I so enjoyed watching him play.  S had fun too, sitting at the water’s edge.




Sunday night, I was sure the boys would sleep well after such a busy day.  Annnnd S was up 4 times due to his cold.  It was rough.  I woke up feeling lousy and A took the boys for a walk so I could sleep just a bit longer.

Every weekend I think maybe, just maybe, I'll get to catch up on sleep and sleep a whole 7 hours without any interruptions.  And every weekend I'm disappointed.  I supposed I should lower my expecations. :P

In other news, I think W is going through his terrible twos/threenager phase.  He’s been defiant lately and has gotten quite a few time outs for not listening, throwing, etc.  Preschool continues to be awful.  I stayed with him yesterday, thinking he’d relax a bit if I was there.  Not so.  W cried for an entire hour straight and then threw up because he had been crying so much.  I felt awful for him and it was incredibly stressful for me.  By the end of class he had calmed down enough to play and even participate in music, but I was so emotionally/mentally exhausted.  I’m ready to quit, but people keep telling me that it will get better.  I appreciate the advice and encouragement, but right now, I just can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel – and if I do eventually see it, will it be worth it?  I don’t know.

So colds, lack of sleep, and lots of tears have been the theme lately.


No comments:

Post a Comment