Monday, September 21, 2015

Weekend Recap

I don't have a whole lot to say about this weekend.  We only had one thing planned and that didn't happen - ha!

Saturday consisted of trying on clothes.  Yup, it was time to clean out my closet.  Exciting stuff.  Not really, but it was nice to get rid of items I wasn't wearing.  It was also nice to find out ALL my jeans fit.  YES!!  High five!!  I got my third Stitch Fix so my mom and A helped me decide what to keep.  More on that in an upcoming post.  We were supposed to attend a picnic at W's school later in the afternoon.  Of course we left the house late and thought the school would have picnic tables to sit at.  When we arrived, there were no picnic tables.  So we turned around to head back to the house and grab a blanket and in that time, W fell asleep.  At this point, the picnic was half over and waking W seemed to be a bad choice.  I was super disappointed.  For one, I thought the picnic would be something POSITIVE about school.  Something fun.  For two, I hate committing to something and not fulfilling that commitment.  For three, I was mad at myself.  I had asked A if I should bring a blanket and he told me he thought there would be tables (they had had them at previous events).  I should've thrown a blanket in the car just in case.  Uggh.  So that was disappointing.



Sunday was church and Starbucks.  The boys wore sweaters to church and looked adorable.  Oh how I love fall (I know it technically is NOT fall, but close enough).  Then we watched the Bears lose, played outside, and I made buffalo chicken enchiladas for dinner... yum!  So we ended the weekend on a high note (except for the Bears loss). :)





Oh, and the boys slept well - woohoo!  Totally just jinxed myself I'm sure.  I really needed sleep after last week.  I'm fairly certain that S's sleep woes are the result of a sleep regression.  Lot of learning lately - starting to pick up foods to eat and attempting to crawl.  He also transitioned from 3 naps to 2 recently.  So lots going on for this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment