Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas 2015

I am sooo behind on posts.  It just occurred to me that I never shared S’s 10 month post and he’ll be 11 months in a matter of days.  I’ve had it written, I just never published it so I’ll attempt to play catch up on my lunch break.

We had a wonderful, albeit busy, Christmas.  The boys were spoiled beyond belief.  I really enjoyed having a week off with them, though there were more than a few crabby moments.  W definitely wants all of my attention.  I thought that would change by now seeing as S has been a part of our family for nearly a year.  Anyway, I digress.  Back to Christmas.  Christmas Eve was spent with my side of the family - many of whom had not met S.  Naturally, they all loved the smiley, easygoing, sweetness that is S.  That night, I was trying to get W excited for Santa’s visit and all he could focus on was Crispin the Elf leaving us.  He was more upset about the elf than excited for Santa.  Sigh.


 Christmas day started off with W and S coming downstairs to see what Santa had brought.  They were excited to find a bicycle for W and a Cozy Coupe police car for S.  Then, it was off to church.  After church, the boys opened one more present and we headed to Nani and Papa’s house.  Side note: I really wanted the boys to enjoy their gifts and wanted them to take time opening presents and appreciate that someone picked out gifts especially for them.  So we hardly opened anything at home and focused on playing with the toys they did receive.  At Nani and Papa’s house we had a delicious dinner and then all the grandkids opened presents.  We only purchased gifts for the kiddos and parents this year (not brothers-in-law or sister-in-law) and I loved it.  So much less stressful.  S, by the way, had zero interest in opening presents.



 The day after Christmas, A and I cooked a large brunch.  I made breakfast casserole and cinnamon rolls and A made pancakes, bacon, and sausage.  We stayed in our pajamas and my mom came over for a bit.  We slowly opened the rest of our gifts and it was just a great, low key day.

I’m sad Christmas is over and I’m sad my baby is nearing 1.  His first Christmas was his last first holiday.  Haha – did that make sense?  Where does the time go??


No comments:

Post a Comment