Monday, December 7, 2015

Weekend Recap

Another full weekend for us, but the highlight was W’s 3rd birthday party.  I can’t believe he’s turning 3.  I realize I’ll be saying that for the rest of my life… I can’t believe he’s XX years old… We went with a “things that go” theme because W’s love at the moment includes all the things that go – cars, trucks, trains, planes…  I didn’t get too carried away with the décor.  I made a table cloth out of paper to resemble a street and scattered orange construction cones through the dining room and kitchen.  For snacks, I dipped pretzel rods in chocolate and used red, yellow, and green m&ms to resemble stop lights.  I also put together fruit skewers with strawberries, pineapple, and grapes (red, yellow, green).  I made a car out of cheese and crackers and we ordered pizzas for the main dish.  W had a special shirt with his name on it to match the theme.  I also ordered a cake in the shape of a bus and cookies that were shapes as trains, trucks, airplanes, and the number 3.  Unfortunately, the cake did not taste good, but other than that, the day was perfect.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention...  I picked out some photos and A was able to make a slide show to W's favorite song.  That was one of my favorite parts of the party.  He even included some video of when W was a newborn, which definitely made me cry.



I haven’t uploaded pictures from the camera yet, but will try to remember to share them when I do. J


In addition to W’s 3rd birthday (party), S also turned 10 months on Saturday!!  His monthly post to come.  Where does the time go??


No comments:

Post a Comment