Friday, August 12, 2016

Friday Thoughts

I was looking back at old posts and I realized I hadn’t posted a ‘Friday Thoughts’ post in a while.  Those totally random posts are my favorite so I’m going to try to get back in the swing of things.

I miss having a little baby around the house.  Yup.  I said it.  Do moms always feel this way when they have toddlers?

We’ve been working on potty training W.  Just about everything I’ve read recommends sort of a “cold turkey” approach – throw away the diapers and just do it.  We tried that and it didn’t work.  W is doing much better with his own method.  He still wears a diaper, but tells us when he has to go.  He’s going at his own pace and he’s definitely not completely trained, but this is the only approach that’s worked.  I’m so proud of the progress he’s made.

I am OBSESSED with the Olympics.  I told A that when I’m old, I’m just going to sit on the couch all day and flip between the Olympic channels and watch everything.  #goals  How amazing are these athletes?!?  And I couldn’t find the medal count for men vs. women, but I predict the American women will return with more medals.  The women’s gymnastics team is just incredible.  I actually teared up watching last night.  So proud of them.  Girl power.

I actually Googled ‘what is the opposite of broad shoulders’.  True Story.  I couldn’t find much, but Urban Dictionary suggested slopey shoulders.  Hahaha.  I think I have slopey shoulders.  In related news, the broad shoulders of the male swimmers… fiiine.

A heads back to school next week and for the first time, I’m not completely dreading it.  Mainly because I think he needs a change of pace.  I think he’s ready to be back, though I know he’ll miss the boys.

Speaking of back to school, I think it might as well be fall.  I’m ready for cooler temperatures, sweaters, and pumpkin everything.

Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment