Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Pity Party

I won’t say everything about this week has sucked because I know it could be a lot worse.  And when I put things in perspective, I know my problems are very minor.  But suffices to say this has certainly not been a good week.

My boss and I disagreed on the approach to a report.  An overdue report that I happen to be helping on.  When I suggested writing it a different (more efficient) way, he basically yelled at me via email.  All caps are never a good sign – especially when coming from your boss (unless of course the caps spell out congrats or way to go and these most certainly did not).  Did I mention I’m helping??  Maybe I won’t be so quick to volunteer next time.

My mom had surgery yesterday.  Nothing major and she’s fine.  But spending that day working from the hospital was particularly draining.  Hoping she recovers quickly.

I was supposed to go to Switzerland for an audit in October.  Of course, during my 8am meeting (who doesn’t love 8am meetings??), I found out the trip is postponed indefinitely.  It’s possible it may be rescheduled for some time in late January or February.  And if it is, it will still be a great opportunity.  But somehow Switzerland in the dead of winter is not nearly as exciting as Switzerland in the fall.  I was really looking forward to it and I’m so so disappointed.  And soon after I learned this, my friend came by to chat and said, "Now is probably not the time to tell you that I'm going to Ireland again."  Really?

And Friday is my birthday.  Happy freaking birthday week to me.  Excuse me while I go throw myself a pity party…

No comments:

Post a Comment