Monday, August 8, 2016

Weekend Recap (My Birthday)

Friday was my birthday and my guys saw to it that I had a wonderful day.  It was one of my favorite birthdays yet.  I worked in the morning and the boys picked up Starbucks for me.  Then W and I headed out to visit a local farmer’s market while S napped.  W’s always such good company and we had fun exploring the different tents.  After a bag full of corn, green beans, onion, tomato, and garlic salt, we headed back home.  My mom stopped over and we had Lou Malnati’s pizza and I opened gifts.  A gifted me with a new carry on suitcase, which was a little sad since my Switzerland trip was cancelled, but he reminded me I’d use it eventually. :)  He also signed us up for an archery class, which I’m super excited about!!  I’ll definitely be channeling my inner Katniss Everdeen.  I do not/will never hunt, but I can totally aim for a bull’s-eye. :)  We ended the celebration with cake.  A homemade cake that A had worked on with the boys!!  And it was delicious!!  I think they have a future in baking.  All in all, it was a really great day capped off by the beginning of the Olympics, which I’m a huge fan of!!



Saturday was W’s final swim class.  He did great!  So much better than soccer!  And although he still has a lot to learn, he’s certainly come a long way.  S and I watched, though S was quite unhappy that he could not go in the pool too so he required lots of distracting.  After that, we dropped off items at a local consignment store and then went grocery shopping.

Sunday was our niece’s baptism so we attended church about 30 minutes away.  It was challenging to say the least.  The boys started out great, but they eventually got restless and breaking from our usual routine took its toll.  W dropped his whole bowl of goldfish all over the floor and S started to fuss.  Both were antsy and fidgety.  A took S to the lobby and soon after, W told me he needed a diaper change.  So we all spent the last 20 minutes of church in the lobby with the boys running around and S being a bit too noisy.  As we were heading out, I jokingly remarked to A that the circus was now leaving the building (referring to my energetic boys).  A lady overheard me and told me that she had 6 kids and remembered the days when they were little.  She told us our boys were actually really well behaved, not to worry, we were doing great.  I always appreciate kind words when I feel like things aren’t going very well.  Not that things were awful… my kids were just being kids.  But the kind words were very much appreciated.  Another woman told me our boys were darling and I asked her if she’d like one of them.  Haha.

Soon after we arrived home, my mom came over to watch the boys so A and I could head out on a lunch date.  My favorite restaurant is the Melting Pot.  I just love fondue.  We go maybe once a year – if that.  Needless to say, I was very excited.  Lunch was awesome as expected.  I felt truly special and loved the entire weekend and I’m so thankful for my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment