Friday, February 10, 2017

Friday Thoughts

We made it to Friday!!  I wasn't sure it would ever happen, but here we are!!

This week was a bit of a disaster, but I'm reminded that my little obstacles are nothing compared to some who are dealing with monumental hardships.

Wednesday was basically a shit show.  I can't think of any other way to describe it.  S was cranky all day and just not himself.  The boys had a well child check up and S cried any time the nurse practitioner looked at him, talked to him, or attempted to examine him.  She concluded that he had a double ear infection (fortunate the well child check (haha!) coincided with the peak of his ear infection). He also had hives, which can apparently happen at the end of a virus.  Luckily, we made it to the pharmacy five minutes before it closed and picked up S's prescription.  Once we got home, we tried to dose S with the Amoxicllin he was prescribed and he was NOT having it.  W showed him how to take it from the syringe.  We tried mixing it in milk and putting in a bottle.  We tried mixing with yogurt.  He refused everything.  We figured we'd go through the usual bedtime routine and try a bottle again.  A was with S, attempting the usual bottle/bed routine and I hopped in the shower.  At this point, S wasn't interested in the bottle, but wasn't crying either.  When I got out of the shower, I could hear S screaming.  I tried to comb my hair and get my pajamas on quickly when I realized I had cut my leg shaving and was bleeding everywhere.  It didn't even hurt, but somehow, I looked like I came straight out of a horror movie.  So here I am putting multiple Finding Nemo bandaids all down my leg while S is screaming.  S continued crying for an hour straight no matter what we did to comfort him.  So unlike him.  And so hard on parents.  I felt completely useless and so frustrated that he was refusing the one thing that would make him better.  If only we could reason with a two year old.  He finally fell asleep from pure exhaustion.  S woke around 2:30am crying and miserable again.  We did somehow manage to get a little medicine in him.  He fell asleep again around 3:30am and slept until 7:30 the next morning.  We're still struggling to dose him (going to head to the pharmacy to add flavor to his medicine), but he's been acting relatively normal.  Phew.

We don't have any plans this weekend other than swim class and school on Saturday morning.  So happy for that!

Finally, I have to share this because I find it hilarious.  W had a Valentine celebration at school today.  Students were encouraged to bring Valentines and wear their pajamas to school.  W wore his heart breaker valentine pjs and looked so cute.  When I picked him up, one of his teachers came to talk to me.  It went something like this...

Miss M: I said to W, "Your shirt says heart breaker.  What do you think that means?"  And he said, "I guess that means I have to go find a girlfriend."


No comments:

Post a Comment