Friday, May 12, 2017

Friday Thoughts

Tomorrow we participate in the Great Strides walk.  Hoping for great weather!  We have a very small team, but we have a lot of heart! :)

One of the things I love most about my family is their loyalty.  I feel like we'll always look out for each other and always support one another.  I was explaining to my mom that an extended family member had unfriended me on Facebook awhile ago and it didn't really bother me.  She gasped and asked why.  I told her I wasn't really sure, that maybe it had to do with my political views.  She was absolutely shocked that anyone would have the audacity to unfriend me.  So funny.  And I'm sure people unfriend me quite often. ;)

A weighed himself at home and his weight was 5lbs different than at clinic.  We also weighed both boys and their weight was exactly the same as it was at the pediatrician on separate occasions.  We suspect that the scale at clinic was off and although A's weight is down, it's not the 9lbs we initially thought.  Good news!

I purchased these shoes after they received rave reviews.  I felt like I was a little too old to be wearing them or not quite cool enough.  They took me out of my comfort zone, but by the end of the day, I was loving them.  Still not completely confident if white jeans either. :)



Since we're on the topic of fashion, I have a recommendation.  I know there are a billion fashion blogs and this isn't one of them.  BUT.  This dress.  Typically, I'm not an Old Navy fan - I think a lot of their clothes are meant for teens or young ladies and they aren't always the highest quality.  BUT every now and then, I'll find something I love.  I originally ordered this dress in a medium, large, and large tall.  And after trying them on, realized I should've ordered a medium tall.  I am NOT tall.  But I am a mom who likes dresses to fall at her knees and the regular size was just a tad short for my comfort zone.  Anyway, this dress is SO comfortable, you can add a belt to add structure, add a jean jacket, whatever.  So versatile. And less than $20 with the code THANKYOU.  Check it out.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend.  Our weather is supposed to be beautiful and I always feel especially blessed on Mother's Day.  Love my boys.

Happy Friday and Happy Mother's Day to all moms. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment