Friday, May 19, 2017

Friday Thoughts

A only has a couple weeks left of school and I am so so so looking forward to less hectic mornings.  Lately, the boys have wanted to take showers/baths in the morning.  While I’m happy that they enjoy bathing, it really adds a lot of time to our morning routine.  We’re almost always late for school, I have to remind W to eat breakfast fast, I’m scrambling to finish getting ready and get my things packed up.  It’s just crazy.  A will have to get W to “summer camp” so I’m curious to hear what he’ll think of mornings – lucky for him, he doesn’t have to work after school drop off.  On a related note, I’m dreading next school year when I’ll be dropping off BOTH boys. :P

We found out this week that our tenants will be moving out of our rental property.  I’m absolutely dreading having to clean up the townhouse and find new renters.  Uggh.  We’re considering replacing carpeting and appliances… I don’t even want to think about the cost.  We have a super busy summer and I was really hoping the current tenants would stay another year… no such luck.

I hate asking for donations so when it came time to raise money for Great Strides and sell tickets for a raffle at the boys’ school, I posted on FB.  It seemed like the easiest, non-confrontational way to let people know that we were participating in these fundraisers.  My colleagues don’t know that A has CF – it’s a long story, but the short version is we’re both private people.  A gave me his blessing to share his diagnosis recently, but I’m not ready.  As a result I hid the Great Strides FB post from my colleagues.  Anyway, I was so amazed by the support we received from our colleagues for both fundraisers.  A’s colleagues supported our walk team and several of my colleagues bought raffle tickets.  Our families also generously supported both campaigns.  On the contrary, I was surprised (and disappointed) by the lack of support from friends.  Only one friend contributed to the raffle.  She’s a friend I’ve only met in person once, but feel connected to and I’m very thankful for our friendship.  I’m trying not to read too much into it or be upset, but I will say I’m even more grateful for our colleagues – many of whom have become our friends through the years.

This week has been incredibly stressful and frustrating and I’m ready to move on.  For starters, we’re all still sick.  Well, maybe A is better.  S has a double ear infection and hasn’t been sleeping well.  I’m pretty sure I have a sinus infection and when I called the doctor, he told me to wait it out.  Great.  W is still congested.  I’m sick of being sick.  Heck, I’m sick of someone being sick nearly every day for the past month?  6 weeks?  I don’t even know anymore.  And then my department went through a massive reorganization and my bosses moved into a completely different section/area, but somehow, I stayed behind.  I was essentially in limbo for a few days, not knowing what group I was in and who I was reporting to, but knowing that my job was changing without any regard for my interests or goals.  I’ve witnessed colleagues who I greatly respect being treated incredibly unfairly – especially strong, intelligent women.  I was being considered for a promotion and that went out the window.  My title changed to what it was three years ago so I feel like I was demoted (though I’m assured I was not).  I’ve lost a lot of faith in my company – a company I was once so proud to work for.  The one positive in this abysmal situation – I now report to my original boss.  Someone who’s always had my back and who I do respect.  If things had to happen the way they did, I’m happy to have him as a boss.


Sorry, for such a depressing post on a Friday!  Bring on the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment