Monday, May 22, 2017

Weekend Recap

A and I were both discussing how we’re in desperate need of a low key weekend – especially after this past weekend.  With that said, I really enjoyed spending so much time with my little family and the busy schedule was a welcome distraction to my work situation.

Saturday began with S’s last preschool class.  A offered to take S, but I really wanted to go.  I hardly get any one on one time with my littlest man and I’ve really loved these classes with him.  He’s just such a joy – almost always in a good mood, talks a lot, sings songs, thoroughly enjoys each little area of the classroom.  I’m so proud of him.  We’ve had lots of fun at these classes together and I’ll definitely miss them.




As soon as class was over, we headed home to pick up A and W so that we could head to W’s t-ball class.  Once again, he did great!  He fully participated the entire time and dare I say, had the best hit of the group.  I’m still shocked.  I figured he wouldn’t like t-ball at all and would take to tennis.  Nope.  At this point in time, he’s enjoying t-ball much more.  I did ask if he wanted me to sign him up for the next session or if he wanted a break, to which he responded, “Hmm.  I think I’ll relax for a bit.”  Lol.  So no plans to play on the actual t-ball team at this point in time.




As soon as that was over, we grabbed lunch and I headed off to a pedicure.  I just love the peace and quiet for an hour… and pretty toes too.  We finished the day by heading to mass at our usual church.  The boys just do much better there and a man came over to compliment us on their behavior, which was so very kind.

Sunday started off with tennis.  W did alright, but he’s just not very engaged.  And it’s still mostly drills – he has yet to hit an actual forehand or backhand and I think he’s a little bored and intimidated by the older kids.  After that, it was off to Starbucks where my mom was waiting for us with Mary Anne, the sweetest lady from church.  I just love her and I’m so glad she joined us for coffee and juice.  The boys were great and asked Mary Anne all about her garbage cans, air conditioner, and the make of her car… their current obsessions.



Then it was off to the preschool carnival where the boys enjoyed a bouncy house, games, and little petting zoo.  They had a blast!  




After we were there for about an hour and a half, A and I dropped the boys off at my mom’s house and headed back to work at the carnival.  We served pizza, hotdogs, and popcorn to earn our volunteer hours.  It was fun working together – reminded me of our theme park days.  Ha.  Before we were married, I had the mindset that I could never work with my spouse.  A and I have worked together twice.  Granted, we had different jobs, but it was at the same company and we saw each other throughout the day.  I can honestly say that I have really loved working with him.


Anyway, we headed back to my mom’s house, ordered Chinese food for dinner, and called it a day.  Always thankful for family time and grateful that everyone is feeling better for the time being.  Hopefully it lasts.

1 comment: