Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A week without a post


I came down with a cold last week so I took a little break from the blog.  It was my first cold in a really long time so I guess I was due.  Sometimes I think colds are the body’s way of forcing you to slow down a bit.  And that’s exactly what I did.  I took sick days both Thursday and Friday.  I did some work from home, but for the most part, I rested.  I was bored out of my mind, but I think I needed it.  Anyway, as soon as I shake this cough and I'm able to sleep, I’ll be back to normal.

 I’m not sure if anyone actually reads this blog.  If you do and you happened to say a little prayer for a good CF clinic visit for A, then I really really appreciate it (and so does he).  His appointment went really well… yay!!  He’ll be getting back on Cayston and he even gained 2 pounds… way to go A!!  I hope I’m able to attend the next appointment.  Very thankful for good health.

 Friday, baby W had a first that I hope doesn’t repeat anytime soon.  W had been standing, lost his balance, and landed on his butt.  It seemed like no big deal, but he started screaming.  A scooped him up and I came over the check on him.  That’s when I saw blood on W’s mouth and on A’s shirt.  W must’ve bit his lip when he fell.  My poor baby. L

 Saturday was the Halloween Parade in Grandma W’s neighborhood.  When I was pregnant, I decided that baby W would be a cow.  Addie already had a pig costume (yes, we dress up the dog – go ahead and judge) so I thought it would be cute if we had our own little farm.  Well, it sounded like a cute idea, but baby W HATED his costume.  He cried when I put it on him and had a sad/mopey face the entire time that costume was on.  He did look extremely cute despite the pouty face.  My poor little sad cow.  The Halloween parade was cute, we enjoyed lunch at Grandma W’s, baby W got to play with his cousins, and then it was time to head home.

 And then Saturday night… make that Sunday morning, around 12:30 am, baby W decided that he no longer needed to sleep.  For the next 2 hours, A and I tried to get him back to bed.  And for the next 2 hours, W would fall asleep in our arms only to wake up and cry as soon as we tried to put him back in the crib.  I finally gave up and brought him to our bed.  He thought this was the best thing ever.  He’d look at A and smile, then look at me and smile.  FINALLY, he fell asleep and I was able to put him in his crib.  I am paranoid and don’t let W sleep with any blankets or other items in his crib so there was no way I was going to let him stay in bed with us.  I’m not sure what happened to my wonderful sleeping baby – if you find him, let me know!  He only had one short nap that day and I think it threw everything off.

 Sunday was our typical church and Starbucks routine (bonus points for making it to church despite the lack of sleep).  Then it was off to Grandma G’s for trick-or-treating.  Trick-or-treating is always the Sunday before Halloween in Grandma G’s town.  I was hoping my little cow would be in a better mood, but no such luck.  After visiting Grandma and her neighbor, Joan, the costume was taken off and happy baby W returned.

 Sunday also happened to be A and I’s 6th wedding anniversary.  We’re planning a date night this coming weekend… I can’t wait!  I feel like the anniversary of our marriage deserves its own special post, but I’ll say this:  I’m extremely grateful to have a best friend who also happens to be my husband and an amazing father.  I often think about the future and how much Baby W will appreciate his dad.  It warms my heart.

 I think that about sums it up.

 Oh, I’ve mentioned it in previous posts -  A and I have been trying to decide when to do IVF again.  It’s a really hard decision to make.  I’m excited about the new doctor we met with and I think we finally decided on a month in 2014 (after changing our minds at least 4 different times).  Our plan may change again, but for right now, I’m happy and at peace with our decision.  We’ve decided to wait a bit longer than originally planned to save up a little more money… here’s hoping our plan is the best path for our family.
 
Sorry for the long post - that's what happens when I go a week without blogging. :)
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment