Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday Favorites


Friday Favorites:

 
·         Baby W hasn’t been sleeping well lately.  He’s been a champion sleeper since about 6 weeks old.  At roughly 3 months, he would sleep about 9 hours straight through the night.  Until a month ago, he’d sleep 10 hours straight.  But lately, he’s been waking up anywhere from 1-3 times.  I think teething is to blame.  It’s been rough and there have been many days I’ve felt like a zombie.  But last night, he slept 9 hours straight… yes!!!  I feel so refreshed!!

·         When I interviewed for my current job, I wasn’t really looking for a new job… it just sort of happened.  I agreed to the interview with the thought, “it can’t hurt; I’ll just see what this company has to offer”.  I had reviewed the job description prior to interviewing and one of the items was training.  That set off a big red flag.  I’ve always been shy; I absolutely HATE speaking in front of a group.  Just the idea of standing in front of colleagues gave me major anxiety.  During the interview, I expressed concern regarding the training aspect of the job.  It just wasn’t something I was interested in.  Like at all.  I wanted nothing to do with it.  I was told not to worry, that there wouldn’t be much training, it was a very small part of the job.  Fast forward 1.5 years and I’ve conducted at least 4 group training sessions (including one in Germany).  I’m really proud of myself for conquering that fear and for following my heart when I accepted the job.  It was a risky venture, but I’ve never been happier at work.  I just hope the job satisfaction continues.

·         I’ve always loved shopping, but I think I enjoy shopping for Baby W even more than I enjoy shopping for myself.  I get giddy when I realize he needs new pajamas, a new sippy cup, a new sleep sack.  I have a problem.  The only thing I don’t really enjoy buying is food. J

·         Per usual, I have to conclude with a picture of the cutest boy in town.  I snapped this one last weekend and it’s one of my all-time favorites.  Happy Friday!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment