Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday Favorites


So usually I do a Friday Favorites post on Friday.
 
I don’t really have any favorites per se, but I did use a vacation day yesterday to catch up on life.  And I’m feeling way better today!  So I guess one of my favorite things is using a vacation day every now and then, if you can, to tackle all those things that get pushed aside for other more important things.

I started out yesterday with 21 things on my to do list.  Yes, 21.  Lately, I’ve been really struggling with trying to max out my Baby W time on weekends while still completing all the chores and errands.  How do parents get everything done??  It seems like something has to give.  So I would try to do at least one fun thing with Baby W (usually an outing of some sort) and accomplish the absolutely necessary errands.  The other errands/chores would get added to my ever growing to do list.  I was feeling overwhelmed by that every growing list.

Yesterday, I dropped W off with his grandma and returned home to begin working on crossing items off that long list.  I started with sorting clothes we had cleaned out of our closets.  Some were to be donated to charity while others were to go to a local consignment shop.  I sorted those.  At the end, I had 2 boxes for consignment and 4 for charity.  Then, I had to load it all in my car – not fun.  I made a couple phone calls I’ve been putting off and headed out.  First stop was the consignment store, then it was on to Babies R Us.  BRU let me make 3 separate transactions so I could use all the coupons I had… people are so much nicer when you shop during the week!  I really appreciated that.  Soon, it was off to the mall to pick up odds and ends – fall candles, some clothes (on clearance) for W, and makeup.  I also had to return a pair of shoes.  I was able to use a coupon for everything I purchased (thank you Carson’s Goodwill Sale, Yankee Candle, and Baby Gap!).  I even decided to cash in a gift certificate I received for Christmas and got a manicure!!  It was heavenly and I’m loving my navy blue polish.  Then, I returned home to clean, pay bills, vacuum, and order a few photos and before I knew it, my boys were home.

It would’ve been nice to watch some tv or read, but it feels amazing to have only 3 things left on my list. J  A successful day for sure.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment