Friday, June 26, 2015

Our Week

Our theme lately seems to be BUSY.  Our days are packed, we’re exhausted come bed time, but we’re having tons of fun along the way.

A had a clinic appointment on Tuesday.  I told him I either wanted to take a day off to attend clinic or take a day off to attend a baseball game.  Naturally A chose the baseball game.  We were a bit concerned because A’s lung function was slightly down at his last appointment.  It was relatively the same at this appointment.  We were hoping for more improvement, but happy it wasn’t any worse.  I asked why the CF team wasn’t concerned this time if they were last time and A wasn’t sure.  I’m assuming they were satisfied since his lung function had not decreased.  I also found out that A has one copy of the delta f508 gene and a copy of E92X (or C.274G>T - which is rare).  Until recently, I just assumed A had two copies of the delta f508… I guess we need to work on our communication. ;)

Yesterday, we took the boys to a Cubs game.  We left a little later than anticipated and had trouble finding parking.  After driving around forever, we found a parking lot and paid way too much to park.  But we were right next to the stadium and able to get out of the lot easily.  The boys made it through 7 innings, which was impressive.  They were both very good.  A managed to find us some awesome seats.  W LOVED the 7th inning stretch.  He knows the words to “Take Me Out to the Ball Game”, but the look on his face was priceless…  “WAIT, all these people know this song too?!?”.  The Cubs lost, it took us 2 hours to get home, but we had fun.





In other news, baby S is a rolling machine!  He constantly rolls from back to tummy and tummy to back.  Downside is he wakes himself up at night by rolling.



Work has been absolutely crazy lately.  CRAZY.  I leave the house around 7 and get home around 6.  It breaks my heart that I’m not seeing the boys much.  But at least I only work a half day on Fridays and we always have lots of family time on the weekends.  I also know that they’re in good hands with A.

So that’s that.  Happy Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment