Monday, June 22, 2015

Weekend Recap

We had the absolute BEST weekend!!  By far, one of my favorite things about having kids, is seeing them experience new activities.  There’s just so much joy and excitement.  I mentioned that I’m all about making memories this summer and we did just that this weekend.



A and I started off the weekend with a date Friday afternoon.  We had pizza at a restaurant I’ve been wanting to try.  This wasn’t your average pizzeria.  This restaurant specializes in wood fired pizzas with unusual toppings.  We went with a safe choice – cheese, tomato sauce, and basil and a riskier option – meatballs, red pepper flakes, cheese, parmesan, and basil.  Both were delicious and I can’t wait to go back!  After that, it was off to the movies.  We debated between seeing Jurassic World and Inside out.  Jurassic wasn’t showing at the time we needed so Inside Out it was.  I really liked it, but those darn Pixar movies make me cry every time!!  It was so great to be able to get out with A (special thanks to Nani for watching the boys!!).

Saturday morning we headed to the zoo.  I love this particular zoo because it’s small and never crowded.  It also happens to have a park.  I think this is at least the fourth time W has been to the zoo, but this time, he was able to walk around and really experience the animals (and park).  We had tons of fun.  W’s favorites were the lion and the goats (I think).  We stopped for lunch on the way home.  W insisted on having a hamburger and then wouldn’t touch it (feeding a toddler is one of my least favorite things).  Later in the afternoon, W and I went grocery shopping.  He seemed to really enjoy having mom to himself and I loved his company.  We picked out father’s day cards together and I even let him choose a new sippy cup… exciting times. J




Sunday we went to church where W announced "Man burped!!" and "Father all done talking!!".  We headed to Starbucks and A opened his Father’s Day gifts when we got home.  A Cubs shirt, Cubs flag, McD's gift card, and gummy bears for our favorite dad!!  W took a long nap (woohoo!) and afterwards, we headed to a local carnival.  Papa was working at the beer tent and Nani joined us while we checked out the kiddie rides.  W had a blast going down the huge slide, riding the elephants and spinning strawberries, and going on the carousel.  The only meltdown happened on the car ride.  W was sitting in his car just fine, but when another kid sat next to him, he started crying.  I think it was a combination of losing sight of A and me and having a stranger next to him that upset him.  It was our first hot day, but W didn’t seem to notice, and yelled "AGAIN!" after each ride.  We eventually cooled off at a nearby restaurant where W asked for grilled cheese and then refused to touch it (I’m done ordering him food!).  All in all, it was a wonderful weekend with the best dad ever! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment