Tuesday, June 2, 2015

S's Baptism

S’s baptism was Sunday and it was nearly perfect – just like big brother’s was 2 years ago.

Words can’t accurately describe all of the emotions I experienced throughout the day.  As W sat on my lap and I looked over at a smiling S in A’s arms, I could feel myself beaming with pride, exuding happiness, feeling absolutely fulfilled.  Nothing but pure, unadulterated joy and gratitude as I watched the priest bless our baby S while I wrapped my arms around my eldest boy.


 Baby S was baptized in the same church W was baptized in.  The same church A and I were married in.  The same church I was baptized in.  Our little church holds a special place in my heart along with those we see every Sunday.  Whether we know the church members personally or not, seeing them on a weekly basis feels like home.


 The boys were great throughout mass.  It was wonderful to be surrounded by family and friends.  The only downfall – the priest called A and I by the wrong names.  He mixed up our names with S’s Godparents names.  But that’s ok, A and I laughed over the mishap – we were too proud of our boys to care.



 After mass, everyone came over to our house for lunch.  Truth be told, I really don’t like hosting parties.  They stress me out.  But aside from forgetting to buy cake plates and running out of plastic forks, I think the party was a success.  We had a total of 10 kids in the house so it was noisy and a bit chaotic, but I hope everyone had fun.  A grilled hot dogs, brats, and hamburgers.  There were salads, spinach dip, cookies, a few other goodies, and a beautiful cake for dessert.  At one point, I took an extremely overtired/overstimulated baby S upstairs to try and get him to nap.  It was a very sweet moment – just mommy and baby cuddling in the rocking chair while the party carried on downstairs.  But little man didn’t want to miss any of his party and refused to sleep.  He was a bit cranky, but nothing too bad.  Our exhausted baby boy ended up sleeping for 10 straight hours that night.


All in all, a wonderful day.  One that I will remember forever.  God bless our Baby S.

No comments:

Post a Comment