Thursday, May 28, 2015

On Returning to Full Time

For the past month, I’ve been working 3 days per week.  Mondays and Wednesdays are my days with the boys.  Just mommy, W, and Baby S.  June 8, I return to full time status.  And it’s breaking my heart.  For some reason, it really hit me yesterday that our park outings, walks, play time, Starbucks drive thru trips,  etc., etc. were coming to an end.  I’m not sure what it was about yesterday – maybe because the weather was finally nice (aside from a few rain showers) and the boys were good for the most part.  I know we’ll still have fun on the weekends, but it won’t be the same.





 For the past couple years, I’ve worked from home on Fridays during the summer.  I hope to do that again and it will allow more time with my boys.

W will likely start preschool in the fall and I hope to be able to drop him off or maybe I can work from home one day a week…


These arrangements will help, but it surely won’t be the same as maternity leave.  And it’s not lost on me that I’ll never have another extended period home with the boys.  That hurts.



No comments:

Post a Comment