Friday, May 1, 2015

Friday Thoughts

In no particular order…

I sent birth announcements to my coworkers and they all have the announcements hung up on their bulletin boards.  So every time I go into an office or walk down the hall to pick up a copy, I see my sweet baby S.  It warms my heart.

My favorite current song is One Republic’s I Lived.  A and I were up with baby S when he was only a few days old.  It was really early in the morning – probably around 2 or 3 am and A was flipping through channels (which drives me crazy… for the LOVE, just stay on one channel!).  He landed on the music video for I Lived.  I didn’t even know music videos were still a thing and I didn’t know they were still shown on television.  Anyway, the entire music video features a boy LIVING with CF… so amazingly cool!!!

This week, I started working 3 days a week.  Naturally, everyone in the house is fighting a nasty cold.  Ughh.  And the sleep deprivation, oh the sleep deprivation… W will sleep at some point, right??

Speaking of sleep deprivation, S was sleeping 7-9.5 hours each night.  We moved him to the nursery and he’s now waking up after 5-6 hours.  What the heck?!?  The crib has to be way more comfortable than the play yard bassinet he was in??


 I’ve been back in my pre-pregnancy clothes for a couple weeks.  Woohoo!!  I still have some weight to lose, but it’s a great feeling!

W has this new thing lately where he turns off the lights and starts dancing and singing Batman.  Also, he has no clue who Batman is.  It’s pretty funny.


 S will be 3 months old in 4 days.  Nooo. L  He’s been exclusively on breast milk since he arrived and I’m so proud of that.  I thought I may have to supplement because dude can eat (35ish ounces every day!), but I’ve been able to keep up.  On a related note, I forgot the caps to my pumping bottles today.  Crap.  I forget something every.single.day I work.  So I’m thinking of using my travel mug to transport milk.  Lol.  Desperate times…




Finally, if I had a dollar for every time someone told me I need pictures of S on my desk, I’d be rich.  Second baby not getting the same attention blah, blah, blah.  I know, I know.  I already feel guilty for not holding him enough, not talking to him enough, etc., etc.  The pictures have been ordered!!  On a related note, I need an assistant!

No comments:

Post a Comment