Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a wonderful weekend and I’m sad it had to end.  Quite a few times, I thought to myself, “Enjoy this time.  The weekend will be over before you know it.”  And I thoroughly appreciated every bit.

Saturday, the weather was perfection.  Sunny and in the mid-seventies – it could not have been better.  We decided to do another picnic/park adventure.  This has quickly become one of my favorite things to do with the boys.  W gets to play and S is fairly content laying on a blanket under a tree.  We were at the park for about 2 hours and then headed home.  I think the rest of the afternoon consisted of mowing the lawn and grocery shopping.  Lots of fresh air for all of us!





 Sunday was our usual church and Starbucks outing.  W took a long nap and A stayed home with the boys while I cashed in some gift certificates for a manicure and pedicure.  Afterwards, I felt AWESOME.  A little pampering goes a long way.  I stopped for a S’mores Frappuccino on my way home.  I definitely enjoyed escaping for a little me time.  It’s been several years since I’ve had a pedicure and I rarely leave the house alone.  Once I got home, I made mostaccioli for dinner per A’s request.  It was such a great day. J

Monday, we tried to take a family walk, but got rained on.  W took an early nap (yes!!) and then we head over to A’s brother and sister-in-law’s house for a Memorial Day cookout.  W LOVES his cousins and had so much fun playing outside.  The food was delicious and we all had a great time.  When we got home, W informed me, “W all worn out playing cousins.”.  LOL!  I love that boy.



And a big thank you to those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.  Both of my grandpa’s fought in WWII and I thought about them throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment