Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

My Mother’s Day weekend was very low key and that was just fine by me.  A asked me if I wanted to go out for dinner on Saturday or Sunday, but that meant taking the boys with us.  Since we have one who doesn’t eat and one who gets fussy during dinner time, I declined.  Maybe next year…

Saturday was busy.  W had school, I ran errands, W napped, we went grocery shopping… It doesn’t sound like much, but by the time we were finished grocery shopping, it was 6:30pm.  That left just enough time for dinner and bath.  I should also mention that I got pulled over for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign.  Oops.  But I had S with me and the police officer told me he couldn’t give me a ticket on Mother’s Day weekend. J

Mother’s Day consisted of church, Starbucks, a visit from Nani and Papi, and Mexican food for dinner.  A and the boys gave me a mommy survival kit that included margarita mix, chocolates, and Sour Patch kids… my favorite!  I also received a phone case (W drops my phone all the time) and a framed picture of the boys’ handprints.  All in all, a great Mother’s Day.  And I even put the margarita mix to use so we could have margaritas with our tacos.


And I almost forgot to mention the best gift of all… W slept through the night 3 nights in a row!!!!!  He hasn’t slept 2 nights in a row since January.  January!!!  Unfortunately, Mother Nature brought us a storm the next night and W was up 4 times.  He’s scared of thunderstorms.  But those 3 nights were glorious!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment