Friday, May 15, 2015

Friday Thoughts

I’m home with the boys on Mondays and Wednesdays for the time being.  I usually have one completely awesome day where the boys are SO good and I want 4 more babies (not really) and one tougher day where I’m counting the minutes until A gets home.  This past week, Monday was a looong day.  It was rainy, we couldn’t go outside, and W didn’t sleep well.  Enough said.  But then yesterday happened.  The stars aligned and both boys took long naps at the same time.  OMG.  S napped for 2.5 hours and W napped for 2 hours.  With the overlap, I got a whole hour and a half to myself!!!  I unloaded the dishes, washed bottles, pumped, addressed baptism invites, made bottles for the following day, and entered the boys in a modeling contest… What?  They’re cute…. Anyway, I felt like the best mom ever.  And then we went to dinner where W told me he was going to eat chicken and soup and I rolled my eyes because he hasn’t eaten chicken in 4 months (unless it’s in nugget form).  But then he ate chicken and soup!!  WHAT?!?  And I wasn’t even dreaming.  It was a great day.

A is taking Monday off to hang out with us.  We don’t have any real plans.  I’m just so looking forward to an extra set of hands and family time.

S’s baptism is in 2 weeks.  W’s baptism is one of my all-time favorite memories.  I just remember feeling so happy and blessed.  I loved sharing such a special day with our family, friends, and church friends.  I hope S’s baptism is equally as wonderful.

I’ve forgotten to mention it in the monthly updates, but S stopped taking a pacifier around 6 weeks old.  I’m really happy that we won’t have to worry about breaking that habit later on.

I forgot the caps to my pump bottles again.  Ugghhh.  I started talking to my mom while I was packing bags and somehow forgot to put the caps in.  So frustrating.  Looks like I’ll be bringing milk home in a travel mug again. #pumpingproblems

W has started making up songs… he’ll add words to tunes he already knows.  For instance, to the tune of The Wheels on the Bus, he sings, “Dee Dee’s tail goes back and forth, back and forth, back and forth all day long.”  Last night is was, “W’s plate goes round and round, round and round, round and round all day long.” (as he turned his plate on the tray of his high chair).  Very cute. :)


I can’t recall a time when I’ve been so happy.  I’m not trying to be annoying or boastful.  I just feel lucky to have my boys and A, our house, and a job I enjoy.  I’m fulfilled… though I wouldn’t be opposed to sleeping through the night… :)

No comments:

Post a Comment