Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Weekend Recap

This weekend was extremely busy and seems like one big blur… I need a vacation from my weekend!  But we had tons of fun and the boys were wonderful.

Saturday morning was W’s last day of school for now.  We decided to take a little break and not sign him up for the June session.  After school, A and W picked up S and myself.  We stopped at McD’s to pick up lunch and then headed to cousin Peter’s baseball game.  Once we arrived, we spread out a blanket and had a little picnic lunch while cheering on Pete.  It was lots of fun and W loves his cousins!  W fell asleep on the way home and took a long nap.  After waking from his nap, we headed to Saturday night mass at church.  The boys were great though W was very talkative.  He continuously asked where grandma was, not understanding why we were at Saturday mass. J

By some miracle (must have been that Saturday mass!!), both boys slept through the night.  Sunday morning, we headed to the Great Strides walk.  A and I both had the location mapped on our phones and both phones brought us to different locations – and both were wrong.  After a frustrating drive, we finally made it and parking was really difficult to find.  The walk was fine, but every time I tried to get W a snack, they were out of it.  So no popcorn, nachos, or snow cones for us.  Really annoying.  Shouldn’t you have enough food on hand?!?  We also had a very small team… my mom had a previous commitment (my own fault for not telling her the walk date sooner), friends and family had other plans, so that was disappointing, though understandable.  On the bright side, the weather was nice and it’s always great to see so many people supporting finding a cure for CF.

After the walk, it was off to lunch with the family.  We had hoped to attend W’s school carnival and run errands, but we were all exhausted by the time we got home.  The boys were cranky so we stayed home for the evening.

Monday, A took the day off to spend with us.  There was grocery shopping and an eye doctor appointment for me.  After that, we picked up lunch and headed to a local toddler park.  We picnicked and W had a blast playing at the park.  S was also very content laying on a blanket under a tree. J  W, my little flirt, picked a flower dandelion and brought it to a lady.  Not sure if he thought the lady was me and didn’t realize until after the flower was delivered, but I couldn’t stop laughing.  From there, we went to Home Depot and chose a patio table for our deck.  A got a haircut and we finished the day by grilling burgers and hot dogs for dinner.  Busy, busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment