Thursday, August 17, 2017

My Husband is a Blogger... and an Amazing Husband/Dad

In a way, I don’t feel the need to write as many posts because A’s posts are so great and I can just direct you there.  His latest  post had me in tears and laughing at the same time – that’s definitely a rare occurrence.

I do want to say this… If it isn’t already obvious from his posts, A is an incredible dad and husband.  I don’t tell him that enough, but he most definitely is.  A few prime examples: when I’m having a rough day (or week), he goes out of his way to bring me flowers or a special treat and will do just about anything to cheer me up.  He is so SO patient with the boys (and me for that matter).  I don’t always handle tantrums well, but A usually does.  Yesterday was his final day of summer break and A took the boys to a trampoline park, out to lunch, and then bowling.  He’s just very thoughtful and supportive.


And one more thing… our marriage isn’t perfect and I think it’s easy to get the impression that it is.  Only so much is discussed and portrayed on blogs.  We have flaws.  We occasionally disagree.  We had one particular argument (I guess that’s the best term to describe it) over the summer and I remember A saying something along the lines of  “was that our first fight?”.  I think I looked at him like he was crazy.  We’ve surely both been upset with each other before.  But this may have been the first time that we were both really frustrated with each other at the same time and we just weren’t seeing eye to eye on issues (at first).  This felt different.  It was a reminder that things weren’t as perfect as they seemed on the surface.  After a long, emotional, honest, raw conversation, I think we both realized that we had work to do.  After nearly 10 years, our marriage is still a work in progress.  It always will be.  But recognizing that and communicating (something we are both working on) is key.  I think it made us closer.  Something I didn’t realize was possible before the argument – I just assumed we were as close as could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment